Collins Anytime Reminders
Processes and Procedures for Collins 2019-2020
Other important numbers to know by heart include parent cell numbers. Thank you for also working to commit those numbers to memory as well.
As we begin an exciting new school year, I want to remind everyone of the importance of school attendance and of arriving to school on time. In addition, children who arrive late to school miss the important groundwork that is laid by teachers at the beginning of the day. The instruction and learning that occur on a daily basis in the classroom is our central mission. Parents who make regular school attendance and punctuality a high priority are helping their children learn to accept responsibility, which is an important lesson for a successful life.
N.E.A.T. Kids—Never Ever Absent or Tardy
Awarded to students each nine weeks who reported to each day of school and all classes on time. More detailed information soon to come.
A student is tardy if they are not in the classroom by the 8:50 bell.
A student tardy to class will:
· Have a tardy marked in the computer
· A note placed in the student planner by the teacher
· After the 3rd, 4th and 5th tardy a warning email will be sent home
· On the 6th tardy the student will be assigned a before school detention
· The tardy counts starts new each nine weeks
Some things to remember:
· Dropping students off by 8:30 a.m. is the best way to ensure a student has time to:
· Put instruments away
· Visit Locker
· Participate in KCOL Broadcast, Pledges, and Moment of Silence
· Be in their classroom prior to the 8:50 bell
Morning Drop Off
Please remember students should not be dropped off before 8 a.m.
No adult supervision is present before 8 a.m. Only honor performance groups with scheduled practice are permitted early arrival.
Car-Line Rules and Procedures
· Cars are required to stop behind the stop sign and not proceed forward until the stop sign is moved approximately 3:55 p.m..
· Parents may not park in the small visitors parking lot and wait for your child.
· Be courteous to those waiting in the car line and not pull around those waiting and “cut” in line before we call for car riders.
· We do not want cars moving in the parking lot when we dismiss walkers and bikers for all students’ safety.
· Students leaving early due to appointments MUST be picked up by 3:40 p.m. so there is no interruption to the dismissal process.
· Walkers and bikers are dismissed at 4:00 p.m.
· For student safety—walkers and bikers should only cross the street using cross walks. · · Children should pause and watch traffic carefully to assure it is safe to cross.
· Car riders are dismissed at 4:05 p.m.
· For afternoon pickup process, please approach the driveway from Woodlands Parkway to Shadowbend turning right into driveway. NO LEFT Hand Turn in the PM. This will avoid traffic congestion from the Research direction.
· Parents may not park within the school zone on the sides of Shadowbend to pick up students. This disrupts traffic flow and it is unsafe for children and adults to be on the busy road.
Checking Out Early
Students leaving early for appointments at the end of the day must be signed out by 3:40 p.m.; we cannot call for students during dismissal.
Students will be called for dismissal upon parent's arrival in the front office. We cannot call for students prior to your arrival.
Bad Weather Dismissal
Collins Dismissal Procedures During Inclement Weather:
· Collins will make a call by 3:45 p.m. to announce a “rainy day dismissal”
· Bike riders and walkers will NOT be allowed to bike or walk home during extremely severe rain or when lightning occurs within 5 miles of Collins.
· Families of bike riders and walkers should have a predetermined plan that when heavy rain/lightening is present, the student will ride the school bus or be picked up in the car line.
Registration for Bus Transportation
Students who were registered for bus service last year are automatically renewed each year, so only students who are new or have never registered for service will need to register for bus service. http://bus.conroeisd.net/RegisterTrans.aspx
In the coming days, CISD transportation will open the website to confirm and check all students bus information (pick up / drop off times and locations). https://routeinfo.conroeisd.net/infolocatorrc/info.aspx?OrgGuid=ORG-CONROE&profileguid=Conroe_1920
Bus Rider Transportation Tags
Any student riding the bus will be issued a bus tag to be placed on the outside of their backpack. Student’s tag will be scanned as the board the bus to leave each afternoon. If a student loses their tag during the year the child should let his/her homeroom teacher know immediately so that we can provide a replacement.
Bus Dismissal At The End Of School
Students will be dismissed from class to report to their assigned bus. As buses arrive the bus number will appear on the screen in each homeroom. It is the student’s responsibility to monitor the screen and leave class to load their bus.
Students may NOT ride another bus except in emergencies and only with the permission of Collins Administration. Parents must submit a written request at least 24 hours in advance of the change. Administration must have time to verify the change with both sets of parents. Riding home with a friend on Friday to spend the night is not a change that will be approved. Once approved the school will notify transportation and the bus driver.
A message from Conroe ISD Transportation Department
If your child has been registered for bus transportation for this school year, you may access your child’s bus information online through our Transportation Portal application. The Portal can be accessed by typing routeinfo.conroeisd.net into your web browser. When the page opens, please select Student Eligibility at the bottom of the page. Please have your child’s student ID number and birthdate ready in order to access this information. Routes will continue to be updated as more students register for school. Please check back often to see if there are any changes to your child's route.
For more detailed information, please go to the Conroe ISD Transportation home page at http://www.conroeisd.net/transportation/
Transportation changes should be communicated between the parent and the child prior to coming to school for the day. Should you feel your child needs a reminder you may contact the front office, prior to 3:15, for notice to be delivered to your child. We understand that an occasion may arise when it is necessary to make a last minute transportation change. These last minute changes should be reserved for emergency situations only. For the safety of our children, these changes should be made before 3:15 p.m.
Lunch & Breakfast
Beginning on the first day of school, parents may send money (cash or check) for their child to set up a lunch account. My School Bucks in an online account that may continued to be used from year to year or a new account set up at https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/login/getmain?requestAction=home A Parent Access Account allows parents to see the amount of money available to the child. Please visit: http://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/ for menu options and more information. If a student’s account runs out of funds he/she will only be allowed to charge one meal. After the one charge a student will be provided an “alternate meal”. Students are given a reminder to take home to parents when their account is low or out of funds.
(meal Includes Entree, Fruit, and 1% or Skim Milk Daily)
Full price student $1.35
Reduced price student $.30
Non student meal and second meal $2.30
(meals include an entree, vegetable, fruit, and 1% or skim milk daily)
Full Price $2.85
Reduced Price $ .40
Non-student Price/2nd Meal $3.60
Entree A la Carte $2.00
Fruit/ Vegetable/ Juice/ Bread A la Carte $1.00
Milk A la Carte $.90
Parents may join their child during their scheduled lunch. We have guest table set up on the back wall for our lunch guests.
Eat Breakfast at School!
Breakfast is served at school! School breakfast will give your child a healthy start to the day. A nutritious breakfast helps students be more alert so they can learn more in class. Breakfast has vitamins and nutrients for a strong and healthy body.
Breakfast at school is affordable at only $1.35. If you qualify for free and reduced price meals, you also qualify for the breakfast program, with no additional paperwork. You can’t find a healthy breakfast at such a low cost anywhere else.
Help your child start the day right with school breakfast!
Parent Access Center
Collins will send our newsletter and other communication home by e-mail and/or phone messages. In order to make sure that we have your e-mail address, please follow the directions below to either update or add your e-mail address.
Go to the CISD homepage at http://www.conroeisd.net/parents/
Click “Register” or "Login"
- You will see an application for parents to view their student’s information online. Read all of the instructions.
- Complete the top few lines of information, making sure you use the official name of the student. Continue reading the parent access registration.
- Just below this paragraph is “Parent/Guardian Information.” The first item is the e-mail address. If your e-mail information is different, you will be prompted to update your e-mail address.
- If you do not have an account, fill in that information at this time. The student identification number is their CISD number which also happens to be their lunch number. If you are not sure of this number, please look at a previous report card or call the front office. Don’t forget to click the “I Agree” button.
· Parents and family are welcome in our building but must check in and out through the front office with a current driver’s license or other form of identification.
· A new security feature has been added to the front doors. After school begins visitors will use a call box to announce arrival then the front desk will buzz you in.
· All parents must complete a volunteer application on-line before volunteering at the school or chaperoning field trips. The application process must be completed every year.
· We encourage you to complete the volunteer application at the beginning of the year instead of prior to a field trip. The approval process could take up to a week to process ad we would not want any parent missing an opportunity to chaperone a field trip due to the application process not being completed.
· To complete an application please click:
Cell Phones, Smart Watches, and Electronics
Students are allowed to bring cell phones and smart watches to school.
· Once a student enters the building in the morning the cell phone/smart watch/electronic device must be turned off.
· A classroom teacher may allow a student to use a cell phone/smart watch/electronic device as an instructional tool. Once the class is over the device should be turned off.
· Once a student has left the building the device may be turned back on.
· The District prohibits pictures, emblems, or writings on clothing that are any of the following: lewd, violent, suggestive, offensive, vulgar or obscene, or advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages drugs, or any other substance prohibited under FNCF(LEGAL).
· Halter-tops, muscle shirts, and spaghetti-straps tops are not permitted unless covered by another shirt.
· Midriff shirts, or shirts exposing the midsection of the body, are not permitted.
· Blue jean cutoffs or unhemmed shorts are not appropriate dress for elementary/intermediate school classes.
· Make-up/cosmetics may not be worn or applied at school.
· Hats are not to be worn inside a school.
· Hair and hairstyle should not be distractive.
· Spandex clothing, yoga pants and leggings are to be worn under other outerwear that are at least fingertip in length.
· Pants/shorts may not be worn lower than undergarments.
· Students who choose to wear shorts to school must wear them at fingertip length when the student rests his/her arms at his/her side.
· Flip flops may not be worn during P.E. classes.
· Girls may wish to wear shorts under their dresses.
Dresses and skirts should be of appropriate length (fingertip) and tights should accompany shorter dresses, skirts or shorts.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.