Klatt Weekly News
🧟♀️ Here's Some Spooky Stuff 💀
Witching You a Happy Halloween!
– Because he had no-body to go with!
⚰️ How can you tell if a vampire has a cold?
– Because of the coffin!
🎃 Find more goofy Halloween jokes here
🎃 Activities & Books 🎃
40 Frightfully Fun Halloween Games, Crafts, and Learning Activities For Kids
The spooky season is here! Celebrate the fun with these Halloween activities, crafts, and games. You'll find writing prompts, STEM challenges, math activities, and so much more. There are enough ideas here for the entire month of October! We've found a whole selection of terrific educational Halloween videos.
🧛♀️📕SPOOKY October Reading ideas🧟♂️📘
🛑 TIMES RUNNING OUT 🆘
🤑 ONLY 9 Days left to SELL 🤑
This is Klatts BIGGEST fundraiser!!!
We have to get out there and sell PUMAS! Even staff is out there selling. The more we sell, the more money Klatt has to spend throughout the year on fun events YOU like to come to. Without the help from ALL the kids, here at school, means we have fewer opportunities to do all the fun things we have done in the past. Register and sell!! Even selling 1 item, helps Klatt. Your child could win an Apple computer, a Nintendo Game System. They can even win an Electric Scooter!!!! WOW
⚗️ A Note From Mrs. Cummins- STEM needs!!!🔬
Many Thanks to the Klatt community!!!
Thank you Puma Parents! Your generous donations are overflowing in the STEM Lab.
This month, the focus in the STEM lab for K/1 is to observe our world, both in the classroom and in nature. We will learn to use various magnification tools, such as magnifying glasses and bug magnification cubes. We will head outside to make observations and collect leaves and pine cones.
Grades 2-6 will focus on collaborating to design and build solutions to open-ended STEM challenges. For now, challenges will be completed during their hour-long class. Within that hour, we will complete the Engineering Design Process: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, Test, Improve, Share. Collaborating and persevering through the design process is difficult for students. It will become easier as students have more experience with building, problem solving, and reflecting.
Happy news: We will be receiving lenses, mirrors, and prisms from Donor's Choose very soon. Thank you to our very generous Klatt donors.
📆 What's Happening this month?📆
National Bullying Prevention Month
You can't DISPUTE the FACTS ✅
* Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior involving a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Bullying includes: threats, spreading rumors, physical or verbally attacks, and excluding someone from a group on purpose.
* Bullying can occur in-person or through technology.
* Bullying has serious and lasting negative effects on the mental health and overall well-being.
* Youth who have observed but not participated in bullying behavior report significantly more feelings of helplessness and less sense of connectedness and support from responsible adults (parents/schools) than youth who are have not witnessed bullying behavior.
* Negative outcomes of bullying (for youth who bully others, youth who are bullied, and youth who both are bullied and bully others) include: depression, anxiety, involvement in interpersonal violence or sexual violence, substance abuse, poor social functioning, and poor school performance, including lower grade point averages, standardized test scores, and poor attendance.
****** Youth who report frequently bullying others and youth who report being frequently bullied are at the highest risk for suicide related behavior of any other youth group*****
☕️ PTA Coffee and Conversation ☕️
This is your oppertunity.....
We want to hear your voice. Join us!!!
👀 Vision Screening 👀
📸 Picture Day 📸
Thursday, October the 5th
It's Picture Day!!!
Make sure that you are dressed and pressed for school pictures.
Bring your picture forms into school or sign up through LifeTouch.com.
STUDENT picture day ID # EVTJS77QX
⚜️ Girl Scout Registration ⚜️
ALSO, Thursday, October 5th
Join us at Discovery Night at Klatt Elementary. Discover if you're a Girl Scout at heart!!! Register and start your exciting journey with friends and peers who want to be a part of something bigger.
🐠 Something's FISHY Around Here 🐟
Indigenous Peoples Day
NO SCHOOL- NO BUS- NO TEACHERS
Please make sure to make arrangements for your children as there will be NO SCHOOL on MOnday October 9th
👩🏫 Parent Teacher Conferences 👨🏻🏫
🎀 RED RIBBON WEEK
❤️ Be KIND to your MIND!!! 🧠 Live a drug free life!!!
We are dedicated to the health and longevity of our children. Promoting a healthy lifestyle, void of drugs and other substances that could negatively impact their lives now and into the future. Continue to speak to your children about drugs, their dangers, ways to say 'NO', stratagies to remove themselves from situations that may be hard to say 'No' within. It's hard!! Sometimes we don't know where to start, what age to start dropping hints and information, and sometimes we might even feel like hypocrites. Their LIFE depends on YOUR honesty and transparency!