Week at a Glance
- PAC Luncheon
- Grade level collaboration
- Report cards issued to students
- IREAD-3 testing in grade 3 begins
- 11:00 a.m.--meeting--Josh, Karen P. & Karen G.
- 1:00 p.m.--meeting--Lance & Karen
- 2:30 p.m.--parent meeting--Karen
- 2:45 p.m.--case conference--Deaneen, Deb C., Deb E., Sheri, & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--discussions @ ENCO
- 4:45 p.m.--meeting--Karen
- IREAD-3 testing continues for grade 3
- 8:30 a.m.--case conference--Sheri, Amber, Jessica, & Karen
- noon-3:30 p.m.--tech meeting--Karen
- 2:40-4:30? p.m.--Jump Rope for Heart
- First day of spring! Whoo hoo!!!!!
- IREAD-3 testing ends
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Book Buddies
- 2:50 p.m.--RTI meeting--Jackie, Sheri, Tracey, Josh, Chris, & Karen
- Tornado drill
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Sheri, Caitlin, & Karen
- 8:30 a.m. --Student of the Week nominations due
- 10:00 a.m.--case conference--Sheri, Colby, & Karen
- 10:15 a.m.--electricty program; gr. 1
- 2:50 p.m.--NCA steering committee meeting--Sheri, Beth, Dona, & Karen
- 7:00 p.m.--music program--K/2/4 and Music Makers
- 1:45 p.m.--Fire drill
- Dental Health program--See schedule below.
- SLO updates--See schedule below.
- IREAD-3: Third graders will be taking IREAD-3 on Monday and Tuesday morning. Wednesday will be reserved for test make-ups. Please be aware that testing will occur throughout the building since we have students taking the exam in small groups.
- PACING GUIDES: Reminder, all pacing guide revisions are due before spring break. Please be sure to email me your updated guides.
- STUDY GROUP RESEARCH: How is the research coming along in your study group? All groups should plan to have their research and findings compiled before spring break. During the month of April, groups are to work on defining recommendations for our staff to look at. We will meet Monday, March 25 at 7:30 a.m. to hear reports from each study group. Please be prepared to discuss your findings so far.
- COLLABORATION: Immediately following our staff meeting on the 25th, staff will meet in vertical teams to discuss curriculum. Please be sure to discuss what holes you see in the curriculum based on data, what the curriculum expectations are at the next grade level, and what needs to be done at address those issues. The following teams will meet together: preK/K, gr. 1 & 2, gr. 3 & 4, and gr. 5 & 6.
Dental Health Program
SLO MEETING SCHEDULE
Many of you help students see the relationships of words using synonyms and antonyms. Semantic gradients is another way of helping students see the relationship between words and expand their vocabulary. I first learned of this strategy while teaching a Success group for sixth grade. (Thanks, Tara!) The amount of discussion we had as a result of the activity was incredible, and I feel it helped the students gain a deeper understanding of the meaning of words. Below is a link that will take you to some information regarding the strategy as well as a short video of the strategy being used in a second grade classroom.