- The Taliban was formed in 1994, with Mullah Omar as leader
- September 1996 the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul fell to the Taliban
- 1996-2001: Strict Islamic Laws were enforced on the Afghan people.
- In October and November of 2001 the Taliban lost control of Afghanistan.
The Hidden Enemy
"When the Taliban rolled in and kicked the Alliance out of Kabul... they were heroes" (220)
"A few weeks later, the Taliban banned kite fighting. And two years later, in 1988, they massacred Hazara's in Mazar-i-Sharif" (213)
Taliban Changes in Afghanistan Society
- The Taliban took away the importance of women and their rights in the Afghanistan society, in their eyes women had no importance unless they were producing children, satisfying male sexual needs, or doing their daily housework.
- The importance and value of education declined tremendously.
- The majority of Afghanistan was driven into poverty .
- There was not a very productive medical field at the time.