This Week w/ Ms. Werth
January 4th - January 8th
I hope you each had a wonderfully relaxing and joyful holiday break. Below is a link to some pictures from our last day before Christmas break, enjoy!
Math and Science
This week in science we are beginning our study of the interactions amongst the Earth, the sun, and the moon. Specifically, students will be discussing rotations and revolutions, the reason behind day/night, seasons and years, and the phases of the moon (lunar cycle). Ideally, this will begin to prepare students for our Science Center Planetarium field trip in the coming weeks.
The Leader in Me
- Tuesday, Jan. 12th - PDQ Night (5:00-9:00pm)
- Friday, Jan. 15th - Class Photo
- Monday, Jan. 18th - Holiday - No School
- Tuesday, Jan. 19th - Teacher Workday
- Wednesday, Jan. 20th - Teacher Workday
- Friday, Jan. 22nd - Science Center Field Trip (bagged lunches are needed)
- Monday, Jan. 25th - Report Cards
- Tuesday, Jan. 26th - Jump Rope for Heart (School-wide in gym @ 1:30)
- Tuesday, Feb. 16th - School-wide Lego Night (more info to come later)
- Tuesday, April 12th - Grandfather Mountain Field Trip*
*This is a little further out, but some parents have asked about our Grandfather Mountain field trip (which will require 4-5 parent chaperons per class with current background checks - please contact the office to check on whether or not we have a background check on file for you or if you need the paperwork to complete one prior to our trip).