ECS Appy Hour
Tools for the Classroom...
- Unite for Literacy is a free digital library with an abundance of books for emergent and new to English readers. It works on iPads and can be read in English and Spanish or in the narration setting of 37 different languages. You can download the QR code below to print off and scan for quick access to the site on the iPads.
- Cute Monster Sorting Activity - I received this from a tech blog that I subscribe to. If you would like to use it, you can open it in the Slides app on the iPad or you can use it in whole group instruction from your computer.
- Candies in the Bag: This activity has the students counting candies in the trick-or-treat bag and then checking their answer with a QR code. You can extend this activity by asking the student how many candies would there be if we added candies or take some away.
Technology Professional Development...
- Everything Google (Online): Whether you are new to Google or have been using it for a while, this class has something for you. This ONLINE class consists of numerous one-hour modules covering various Google skills from Drive to Sites to Add-ons, plus a whole lot more.
- Everything Collaboration (Online): Collaboration is an important element in a successful, student-centered classroom. This class will be comprised of various modules featuring websites, apps, and tools that support and promote collaborative efforts in the classroom.
- Everything Communication (Online): Communication is an important element in a successful, student-centered classroom. This class will be comprised of various modules featuring websites, apps, and tools that support and promote communication efforts in the classroom.
All Roads Lead to Web 2.0 (Online)
Want to expand your repertoire of various online Web 2.0 tools/apps and to utilize these tools (hands-on) in the classroom but just do not have the time to sit or the opportunity to apply what you learned in an after school staff development? Join us for this ONLINE technology workshop conducted through the FISD Staff Learning Hub. This course will consist of 3 modules utilizing one online Web 2.0 tools/apps per module. Each module will allow you to explore specific online Web 2.0 tools with resources on how to use these tools as well as integration ideas. You will be required to submit products utilizing these online tools (per module). You may complete as many modules as you would like and one hour of non-contract professional development hours for each module completed will be earned. This course is designed for classroom teachers only.