Mission Elementary Weekly News
August 22, 2021
- dd's Discount Fundraiser: Today is the last day to donate at dd's Discount to help Mission School get more library books. Thank you for your support!
- Make Sure Your Student Brings a Mask and a Water Bottle to School Daily
- First-Fifth Car Pick-Up: Do not enter our school driveway before 3:10; we have kinder dismissal from 2:50-3:10.
- Student Devices - Link to devices and low-cost insurance information.
- School Uniforms— Student uniform consists of:
Tops: White, grey, light blue, or navy shirts or blouses (only Mission logos allowed)
Bottoms: Navy blue, khaki, or black pants, blue jeans, shorts, skirt or jumper
Shoes: Closed toe and closed heel shoes
If you need assistance, stop by our office to complete the free uniforms form .
- Parent/Caregiver and Student Handbook: Link to Handbook (paper copies available at our office). Please complete this form by August 31 to confirm you have read the handbook.
- School Meals: All meals will continue to be offered at no cost to all scholars. If you have not done so yet, please complete this form: link to form
Minimum Days: Wednesdays are minimum days for kinder-5th grade students; minimum day dismissal is at 1:05PM. In addition, the following dates will also be minimum days.
September 14, October 19 and January 18: Teachers Professional Development days
October 8-15: Teacher - Parent/Guardian/Caregiver Conferences days
Please add them to your calendar and make appropriate childcare arrangements.
- Students who are absent because of illness and/or close contact (meaning they’re not COVID positive but have only been in contact with a positive case) will be excused and have short term independent study learning opportunities through their teacher’s Google classroom or Seesaw during their physical absence from school.
A close contact is being within 6 ft or less for a period of 15 minutes or more over time to an individual who is positive for COVID 19.
Isolation applies to an individual who has tested positive for COVID 19. Quarantine applies to an individual who has come into close contact with another individual who’s tested positive. Being in quarantine does not mean you are sick or positive for COVID 19, however it is important to monitor yourself for symptoms and test when you’re able.
- Masking up and making sure your student has a mask to wear at school.
- Getting vaccinated if you are able,
Voluntary free rapid COVID-19 testing available to students on Mondays and Thursdays at::
- Libby Elementary and North Terrace School from 8am to 3pm.
- ESS building - next to Mission from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
9/1 Virtual Back-to-School Night 5:00-7:00PM
9/6 Labor Day - No Classes
9/8 Virtual PTO Meeting 6:30-7:30PM.
9/14 Minimum Day Tuesday - Kinder-5th Dismissal at 1:05PM
Parent Teacher Organization - PTO News
- Thank you to all parents and caregivers who attended Thursday's PTO meeting! Working together we positively impact Mission students.
- 9/1 from 11AM - 8PM: Panda Express Family Restaurant Night: Show this virtual flyer to the cashier and Panda Express will donate 20% of your transaction to Mission PT).
- 9/8 @ 6:30 PTO Meeting
Are you Interested in Being Part of Mission's School Site Council (SSC) and Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO)?
Parent/Caregiver Teacher Organization: PTO conducts school-wide activities and fundraisers as necessary to enhance the quality education of Mission students. All parents are encourage to be part of PTO
If you are interested, please complete this 4 question survey by Tuesday, August 31 - Link