Burleson Elementary News
November 12, 2020
BURLESON ELEMENTARY 2020-2021
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
Second, the mayor, Riggin, has spent time traveling around the community sharing his ideas and asking for donations. He is working hard to build the community spirit and showcase the wonderful activities and learning taking place in Meadow ISD! He visited with the fire department and did an excellent job representing our school!
Thank you for all your support from home. It takes a team between home and school to provide the best education possible! We are thankful for you and your amazing children!
(Thank you to all the teachers on the student leadership team for creating this video!)
MAYOR- RIGGIN DAY WITH MEADOW FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Mm.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 13.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log in purple folder.
- Snack list: we are using the snacks sent last month. Pre-K parents are generous!!
- Bring water bottle every day.
Thank you for all your support! Mrs. A 😊
- Study sight words -- writing the words is great practice.
- Please reach out if your child is going to be absent. It is very imperative they are here everyday if possible.
- Continue reading with your child every night.
- Thanksgiving Meal Drive over on Nov. 18th
- Coupon books due Nov. 19th
Thank you for all you do! They've already grown so much this year. I'm fascinated by how much they've learned. They are the most curious and excited group of students I've ever had! I absolutely love them!!
Please continue communicating on Class Dojo if you need anything. Only a few more days until Thanksgiving Break... We can do this! :)
- Continue practice on +5, we will be testing on them next Friday.
- Practice all 25 GREEN sight words for a test on Friday.
- Study spelling words and sentences for a test on Friday.
- Don't forget to bring a water bottle every day.
Be sure to read the information at the bottom from PTO. The student fundraisers are due back next week.
The last book order for 2020 is due by next Wednesday the 18th. Remember you can order online or send it in to me.
We are collecting food items for the FFA Thanksgiving food box program. Next Wednesday the 18th is the last day to donate. Thank you to those of you who have already donated. The class that brings the most items wins a pizza party!
Don't forget...if you need anything, please contact me by Class Dojo. Thanks for all you do!
* We will be testing on +11 tomorrow. We will work through +12s and then review for a week before moving on to subtraction facts.
* Study the spelling words, sentences, and phonics rules for a test each Friday.
* Bring your library book to school every day. READ, READ, READ!
* Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
*Check ClassDojo for pictures of the fun that we had making and enjoying Stone Soup last week. Thank you to all the parents that volunteered to send the ingredient for the soup. If you did not get to send something but would've like to, there will be other opportunities to help throughout the year.
* Be sure to check with the Meadow PTO for other valuable volunteer opportunities!
* Meadow FFA is collecting food items for their Thanksgiving Food Box program. They had a very generous donation of all the hams and turkeys but there are still much less expensive items needed. Check ClassDojo for a list of needed items. The LAST day to donate is next Wednesday, November 18th. The class that brings the most items, wins a pizza party!!!!
Thank you for all that you do!
- We are learning how to divide and use our multiplication facts to help us divide
- In science we are learning about Force, Motion, Magnetism, and Gravity.
- Practice math facts every night! Math fact homework is due every Friday
- Coupon fundraiser is due next Thursday!!!
- We are still collecting food for the Thanksgiving baskets! Check Class dojo for the list of items needed!!!
- In reading this next week we will be reading stories that highlight different traditions and customs from other cultures. In each book we will be taking a closer look at the characters and the traits they display.
- In Social Studies we will be learning how health care in communities has changed over time. We will also be learning how technology has changed how we get care and how that has impacted communities.
- make sure you are checking dojo messages and stories for updates
- bring food for our thanksgiving boxes
- read every night and fill out the home reading log these are due every Tuesday and count towards their bookit coupons for a free pizza!
- Our spelling words this week are transition words – test on Friday!
- We have started going over our recent CBA (content-based assessment). The tests will be sent home next week when we are finished with them.
- In Social Studies we are continuing to learn about the early European explorers. This week we are learning about Threats to Spain’s Control.
- As always… Read, read, read – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. 4th grade has lost its first-place position for the most words read in the school and we want it back!!
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- In Math we are working hard to learn equivalent fractions. You could practice at home by cutting foo items into pieces such as a pizza, cake, pie, etc… Then what fraction of the pizza was eaten or what fraction of the cake is left. Also ask what is another way to cut the pizza to show an equivalent fraction.
- We are busy learning about forces in order to design our own descriptive investigation about the effect of force on an object.
- Study multiplication facts every night.
- Bring a water bottle EVERYDAY! (We have forgotten these a lot lately!)
- The coupon book fund raiser is due next week so sell, sell, sell!
- Thanks to all who have brought items for our food drive already. If you haven’t done that and would like to, we will continue to collect items through the 18th. The class that collects the most items wins a pizza party!! 4th grade would love to win this!
- Spelling Test every Friday!
- Bring clean masks and water bottles daily
- Read Read Read Read Read
- Thanksgiving food drive is closing Nov. 18
- We are working on opinion essays, I will be sending home a paper turkey for them to disguise that will go with our essay, these need to be returned by WEDNESDAY Nov. 18 completed.
- Math Facts - study math facts every night. We are working on dividing decimals and we will be working on fractions. We need to know our math facts. There are students struggling doing decimals and they will keep on struggling if they do not learn their math facts. So please study math facts.
- Math Facts Quiz on Friday. We will have math facts quiz every Friday until school is out for the summer.
PTO FUNDRAISER REMINDER!!
FFA 2ND ANNUAL THANKSGIVING FOOD BOXES
As you may know, FFA is collecting items for a Thanksgiving Food Box to giveaway to members of our community.
We desperately need your help!!!!
Our goal is to get enough for 25 boxes and our cabinets are currently empty.
Please if you have any donations or connection for donations please bring them to the AG Shop. We will take them now.
We are trying to have everything collected by Friday the 19th and distribute on Sunday, the 23rd.
Here are some of the suggested items we are looking for to put in the boxes.
Boxed Stuffing Mix
Box Instant Mashed Potatoes
Gravy (jar or mix packet turkey)
Canned Green Beans
Cream of Mushroom Soup
French Fried Onions
Boxed Macaroni Cheese
Thank You for your help!!!!!!!
Meadow FFA Advisor
NOVEMBER 23 - NOVEMBER 27
MEADOW SPIRIT GEAR
MEADOW BRONCO BASKETBALL NEWS
Friday, November 13th
Varsity Girls -vs- Motley County (there)
Tuesday, November 17th
JVB, VG,& VB
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART
NOVEMBER LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.