Library Media Specialist
I believe every student can succeed when given the correct tools and support system. My mission is to:
· Serve as the hub of the school, providing teaching and resources for students to meet their fullest potential.
· Provide curriculum support by collaborating with the teachers, administrators, and other libraries.
· Ensure access to information by all patrons
· Facilitate learning through different avenues such as recreational reading and information literacy.
· Provide leadership in technology and education trends.
· Serve as an integral part of students’ learning and growth.
Teacher Librarian Responsibilities
· Guide students through research requirements in the TEKS (skills include information seeking, processing & critical thinking skills
· Gather resources to support classroom objectives
· Teach information literacy lessons on citing sources, copyright rules and note taking for all curriculum areas.
· Guide teachers on the use of information and technology sources
· Prepare rubrics for student projects
· Train student aides about organizational and customer service skills
· Administer State Exams
· Organize library programs (Read it Forward, Battle of the Books, Lone Star, Teen Read week)
· Maintain 3 valid Texas Educator Certificates (classroom teacher, school librarian, and ESL)
· Attend local and state level professional development activities
· Hold membership in state library and local teacher associations
· Manage the use of library space and resources by school, district and community
· Complete library statistical reports for campus administrator
· Complete annual district AV inventory
· Maintain library schedule for student and teacher library use
· Promote library resources by creating book displays, show book trailers, and maintain school & library website
· Maintain accurate circulation records for students (issue monthly overdue and fine notices to students)
· Prepare Purchase Orders for print and digital sources that are added to the library collection.
· Maintain campus and district use of the labs
· Process new library materials
· Assist campus personnel, trouble shoot technology equipment and submit technology work orders
· Plan the school book fair and plan author visits
· Promote library services and resources during Schedule Pick Up Night and Meet the Teacher Night
· Collaborate with district librarians to align research with K-12 TEKS and Library Programs, such as Read it Forward.
Sample Presentations and Programs
MLA Works Cited how to lessons
7th Grade Writing Spooky Tales along with visit to the Library to have Tales read outloud.
Newton's Law Glogster Research
More fun with Makerspace & Movie Days
Books are divided into 11 different genres. It helps the students find books they like and faster.
The Kids love it.
Winston Gipson- Current Administrator
Coble Middle School Principal
Derrell Douglas- administrator from 2006-2010
Timberview High School Principal
Lee Joffre- Coble Assistant Principal from 2006-2011
Italy High School Principal
Angela Byrd- Teacher
Coble Middle School