Sixth Grade News
What's Up in Sixth Grade?
- February 12th 8:45 a.m. in the FAB - SBSD Superintendent, Dr. Lynch's Anti-Bullying Presentation
- February 13th at 8:45-9:45 a.m. in FAB - Earl Warren counselors meet with sixth graders
- February 14th - Sixth Grade Valentine's Day Celebration in Garden 10:30-11:10 a.m. See wiki for parent signups:http://web.sbsd.k12.ca.us/groups/ssf_pto/wiki/35b77/6th_Grade_Valentines_Celebration.html
- February 27th at Carmel Valley Middle School 6-7:30 p.m. - "Learn About Earl Warren Middle School" Presentation - see Wednesday flyer for more information.
- March 12th at 8:45 a.m. at SSF - Earl Warren Principal's Presentation
- March 5th or March 14th from 6-7:30 p.m. at Earl Warren Middle School- Earl Warren Parent Articulation Nights - please attend to learn about registration for middle school.
Study Skills and Absent Work
Students should have about an hour of homework per night. Even if a child has completed assignments at school, they should be reading nightly and reviewing for any upcoming quizzes, tests, or working on long-term projects during that allotted hour of homework time. An hour set aside at home daily will help students maintain a positive homework routine.
As a reminder, students are responsible for gathering and completing absent work when they return to school. Absent work that is not made up and completed can affect their progress.