Developing Language & Literacy
For Early Childhood Educators
April 22, 2016 / San Antonio, TX
Talking, Singing, Reading, and Writing in the Early Childhood Classroom!
April 22, 2016/ San Antonio, TX
Spend the day building your knowledge of the latest ideas and learning for the early childhood classroom. Kelly Harmon will guide educators through developing language through singing, talking, reading, and writing in the early childhood classroom. Learn about shared reading and writing, early literacy centers, and using music & movement to engage three through seven year olds. Also, enjoy make-and-take activities you can immediately use with your students.
Developing Language and Literacy
- Explore ways to use children’s literature to help your students build background knowledge about the world around them
- Use mentor texts to create shared and guided writing experiences
- Learn how to implement effective shared reading to get maximum student literacy development
- Use music to develop print concepts, phonological awareness, phonics, and comprehension skills
- Make and Take literacy games your students will love to play
- Explore six literacy centers that provide daily practice for all areas of the ELAR TEKS and Prekindergarten guidelines
- Explore ways you can access and use eBooks in your classroom
- Discover ways to use the iPad with young children including using QR codes and apps that teach
- Use inquiry for science and social studies topics to build language and background knowledge
- Use videos as virtual field trips and discussions that help your students explore the world beyond their own community
Early Childhood Workshop- Language and Literacy
Friday, April 22nd, 8:30am
19280 Redland Road
San Antonio, TX
The location is the Holiday Inn Stone Oak off of 281 North.
8:00am- Registration Begins
8:30am-11:45am- Morning Session
1:00pm-3:30pm- Afternoon Session
6 Hours of Professional Development will be awarded
Bring your own device
Wifi will be provided
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
$195 per participant
Administrators attend for FREE with registration of 3 or more teachers!
10% discount for groups booking 3 or more! ($175 Per Person)
You can register by Faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
Purchase Orders are accepted.
Please Make Checks or Purchase Orders out to Kelly Harmon & Associates
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information please contact us today!
Meet the Presenter
- Jennifer, TX
"So very informative! Lots of great ideas to take back and share on my campus!"
"Another great day! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas- can't wait to get them started!"
- Vickie, TX
Check Out Kelly Harmon's Book!!!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them