CMS Tiger Tales
November 1, 2020
A Message from the Principal
What a fun week at CMS!
Teachers and students showed their Tiger Pride by participating in our Red Ribbon week. We had lots of fun outfits and creativity. We ended the week with a PINK OUT volleyball game between teachers and students. The students swept the teachers in our 8:30am match, but the teachers came back for a win in the 9:30 match! Fun was had by all participants.
We also celebrated our students that made the honor roll with a pizza party on Monday! Our students have worked hard and made several adjustments as we have navigated a blended learning environment!
Looking ahead to next week:
- We continue with week two of our after school POWER HOUR for ELA, Math, and Science that began last week. This program is for students that have been invited by their teachers into an opportunity to accelerate in their learning and make impressive gains on future state assessments. Parents, if you need further information, please contact Mrs. Perry. Space is limited in the program.
- Parents, please make sure that you are partnering with us for the academic success of your child by monitoring your child's grades in FOCUS. There should be no surprises when it comes to grades.
- Also, all students should be READING at home for AR goals and completing at least one IREADY lesson a week.
- Students return to our regular dress code on Monday.
- Boys basketball tryout begin on Tuesday @ 2:30 pm.
- Congratulations to our girls soccer and basketball teams. Names are listed below!
There are lots of good things happening for students at CMS! We appreciate your partnership with us to make our school a safe and fun place to grow.
Boys Basketball Tryouts
Monday, Nov. 2nd, 2:30pm to Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 2:30pm
601 West Pasadena Avenue
Due to the current COVID guidelines, CMS is unable to have our face-to-face Title One Parent Night. In lieu of an official meeting, please take a moment to read through all of the ways that Title One funding supports student achievement at CMS.