Carter Lomax Middle School
Dates to Remember
2/11 Big Shoot Out District Competition
2/12 5th Grade Math Mock STAAR
2/13 5th Grade Reading Mock STAAR
2/15 Club Day
2/18-2/19 No School for Students
2/20 Progress Reports Go Home
2/21 Campus Science Fair
2/22 Go Texan Day
2/26 District Spelling Bee @ 4:30 p.m.
2/28 Popcorn with the Principal @ 9-10 a.m.
Colt Basketball Stars
JOIN US FOR 5TH GRADE OPEN GYM!
Student Led Conference
2018-2019 NEHS Officers
President – Yanneli Garza
Vice President – Mikayla Williams
Secretary – Miranda Cuevas
Treasurer – Zaid Martinez
Members of the Lomax Robotics Club had a special visitor from CTHS today! A CTHS Robotics student that has been competing in the state competitions demonstrated to the club how he used cognitive skills to create a winning robot. He had to plan, design, build, and create the robot, requiring hard work and lots of trial and error. His robot was not only fast, but could throw and pick up objects. The students were very excited to listen to their guest speakers.
Weekly Parent Connect
Wonder League Meeting Recap
Wonder League Mission = to spread kindness across the school
Students met for the Lomax school wide Wonder League meeting. By participating in Wonder League students have the opportunity to learn leadership skills by participating in a school wide organization. The Wonder also focuses on Kindness which is part of our school-wide bullying prevention activities aimed at creating a school demonstrating our guidelines for success, Colt SPIRIT (Self-discipline, positive attitude, initiative, responsibility, and team-work)
Students learn about running meetings with an agenda, creating a plan for school wide service projects, and creating the steps to implement school and community activities spreading kindness.
Meeting Outcomes and where parents can help:
- Deciding on School wide movie date and time - Parents stay tuned and bring the family!!
- School-wide Community Service Project list - Parents stay tuned we will need lots of help!!
- Community appreciation committee list of future activities (We need parent support for these!
- Friendship affirmations for all students on Valentine’s day - Parents needed to help write, gather, and distribute notes
- Goodie bags for Bus drivers - Parents needed to donate cookie bags and other goodies
- “Welcome to Lomax” care kit for new enrollees to Lomax
- Letters & Cookies for service men and women - Parents needed to donate cookies
You will be receiving an email from Summit Learning inviting you to login to the platform and see your student's information. Having your own Parent Connect account allows you to view your child's goals for the week, current grades, and dues dates for Focus Areas, Projects, and Concept Units.
When you receive the email from Summit Learning, you will only need to follow the link, watch the video, and create your own password for the account. If you do not receive an email, contact your child's homeroom teacher.