Holy Trinity Catholic School December 3rd, 2020
An Advent Prayer
Lord God, we adore you because you have come to us in the past.
You have spoken to us in the Law of Israel.
You have challenged us in the words of the prophets.
You have shown us in Jesus what you are really like.
Lord God, we adore you because you still come to us now.
You come to us through other people and their love and concern for us.
You come to us through men and women who need our help.
You come to us as we worship you with your people.
Lord God, we adore you because you will come to us at the end.
You will be with us at the hour of death.
You will still reign supreme when all human institutions fail.
You will still be God when our history has run its course.
We welcome you, the God who comes.
Come to us now in the power of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Substitute Teacher Information
Holy Trinity Catholic School is looking for adults interested in substitute teaching. If you are interested or know of anyone interested, please contact the office. We have a Substitute Teacher Handbook with information regarding substitute teaching available along with an application that can be filled out. Due to COVID this year, we also have our Return to Work Protocols that are in place for you to look at. We would love to have you come and help out!
A Note from Father Strand
There are many great resources available out there to help celebrate Advent.
Here are a few videos to look at:
The Days of Advent compilation: https://watch.formed.org/brother-francis-the-days-of-advent
St. Nicholas Stories:
Middle School: The Real Story: https://watch.formed.org/saint-nicholas-the-real-story
Elementary: Nicholas, The Boy Who Became Santa https://watch.formed.org/videos/nicholas-the-boy-who-became-santa
Advent-School Christmas Kindness Countdown
Students made cards for the residents of Samaritan Health Center in West Bend. These cards were delivered to the residents the week of Thanksgiving.
A few notes about the project:
1. Each student addressed a card to one of the residents; there were exactly as many students as there were residents!
2. 5K/1st grade selected Thanksgiving foods to glue on a plate; they addressed individual persons and traced a warm message inside, signing their first name
3. 2nd/3rd grade colored Pilgrims in boats and wrote a scripture verse inside with a personal note and signature
4. 4th/5th grade wove placemats and arranged food pictures on a plate; inside copied the First Thanksgiving Address into their card and wrote a personal note/signature
5. 6th/7th/8th wove placemats and arranged food pictures on a plate; inside they wrote scripture verses and a thoughtful note and signature
6. A few extra cards were included in case any new residents arrived or anyone was missed.
Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest
Calendar of Cash Winners
November 16 - Isla Zimmermann
November 17 - Adam Schladweiler
November 18 - Sam Schmidt
November 19 - Dori Engebretson
November 20 - Kenneth Weddig
November 23 - Dean Simon
November 24 - Noah Fellenz
Thank you for all your work and cooperation during our week of Virtual Learning. We look forward to having the students back in-person on Monday, December 7th!!!
If you would like to give any feedback on the virtual plan and how you thought it went, please email Mrs. Longden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will find below new CDC guidelines for quarantine with the Health Department information with it. If you have questions, please let me know.