the land of contrast.
With a population over over 40 million people Argentina must have some place good to visit, right? Buenos Aires can really be a category on its own. It’s a hotspot for tango, soccer, delicious Argentine and international cuisine, and cool shopping. The waterfalls in Argentina are a recommended thing to do; they're a sight to see.
- The food is fantastic, especially if you love steak, a speciality of Argentina. Beef is a staple of Argentina and it's hard to get through a day without at least eating a little. Vegetarians may cringe, but meat-eating travelers will appreciate the excellent quality of beef available at extremely cheap prices.
the death of José de San Martín (17 August).
It's hot and humid.
Spanish primarily, English, Italian, German, French.
- Currency: Argentine peso.
- Life Expectancy: 74.
- Literacy Percent: 97.
- Agriculture: Sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans; livestock.
- Same sex marriage legalized in 1999.
- They celebrate friends day.