Create geometric shapes with volume for a realistic effect in charcoal.
- Darkest Dark
Scope of Project
Complete 3 drawings on 3 separate pieces of paper.
.5" border on each drawing.
- 1st Drawing: start with contour line then use other variations of line to fill in the shapes.
- Move to another Still Life for Drawing 2
- 2nd Drawing: use a soft contour line then fill in with value. You may blend this drawing by smudging.
- Move to another Still Life for Drawing 3
- 3rd Drawing: use value only created with your drawing tool. DO NOT SMUDGE!
- 3 class periods per drawing.
- If you do not complete a drawing in the allotted time, you can and should work on the assignment outside of class.
- You must change your seat whenever you move to the next drawing.
- Vine charcoal
- Blending stump
- Kneaded eraser
- Chamois cloth
- 12"x18" paper