Egyptain Religous beliefs
Emily Groff and Beth Myre
How did temples play a role in religion?
- people went to to worship and present the gifts to the gods.
- religious ceremonies were held in the temples .
- egyptians believed temples were where the gods lived.
- beautiful artwork and statues filled the temples.
What did they view of the gods?
- egyptians believed in may gods they believed that gods controlled all of the element of earth .
- that there were gods for everything.
- they also believed that the pharaho was a god.
- if any thing went worng the pharaho was held accountable.
- also since the pharaoh were treated as though they were gods,
- it was believed that a proper place to rest in the after life.
what was their belief?
- They believed in an afterlife.When they died they were mummified and put in tombs.
- They had different items they would place in the tombthat were valuable to them so they would have them in the afterlife.
- Egyptians even went to extreme to mummifiy their pets.
- only wealthy Egyptians had enough money to be mummified.
- People who could not afford to be mummified were barried at the edge of the desert were they were preserved by natural means.
- Pharaho's were placed in the pyramids were made out of rectangular shaped limestone blocks.
- The pyramids were so big that the base could fit 10 football fields.
what did they look like?
- many of the gods had heads of animals and the body of a human such as Anubis, god of the dead
- Other gods look more human-like, such as Osiris,the god of the underworld.
In many ways Egyptions from long ago are similar to people today.Egyptians believed in gods just as many people today believe in a god.The social hierarchy that existed in egytian times is much like our society.
Bustein M.Sanley .World History. Orlando,Florida: Houghton Miffin Harcourt,2012