New York City
Interesting, Beautiful, and Amazing!
Imagine trying to name your top ten favorite family/friends. It’s hard right? Well that’s what it’s like trying to decide the top ten tourist attractions of New York City! New York City is filled with beautiful, breathtaking and sentimental attractions. As stated by USA Today, the Empire State Building tops the charts. This distinct feature was created in 1931 and since then has changed the skyline forever. With eye catching billboards, the next record worthy place to visit is Times Square. Times Square is known as “New York City’s true crossroads,” having offices of MTV, ABC, and The New York Times it’s a real show-stopper. Finally the last tourist attraction there is, is the Statue Of Liberty. The New York Harbor Parks claims that about four million tourists come to visit Lady Liberty a year! That’s about the whole population of Ireland.
New York City’s skyline is one of the most recognizable skylines anywhere. According to list25.com, NYC is the second city in the world with the most skyscrapers, holding 573! The World Trade Center is the tallest building in New York City, standing 1,776 feet and containing 104 floors. The Empire State Building is not far behind, standing 1,250 feet and holding 102 floors. Lastly, The Bank Of America building is third of the list, standing 1,200 feet and holding 58 floors.
2. Lori Selke. "The Top 10 Tourist Attractions in New York | USA Today - Travel Tips." 2012. 13 Feb. 2014 <http://traveltips.usatoday.com/top-10-tourist-attractions-new-york-106787.html>
3. "Statue of Liberty FAQ - New York Harbor Parks." 2010. 13 Feb. 2014 <http://www.nyharborparks.org/visit/stli-faq.html>
4. "List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." 2003. 13 Feb. 2014 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population>
5. "Ellis Island - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com - History Channel." 2010. 14 Feb. 2014 <http://www.history.com/topics/ellis-island>
6. "Ellis Island History - Statue Of Liberty National Monument." 2008. 17 Feb. 2014 <http://www.thestatueofliberty.com/ellis_island.html>
7. "9/11 Attacks - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com - History Channel." 2010. 19 Feb. 2014 <http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks>
8. “Information About the New York Skyline.” By: Carson Purcell. 28 Feb. 2014 <http://www.ehow.com/facts_5136292_information-new-york-skyline.html>
9. “Cities With The Most Skyscrapers.” 2000-2014. 28 Feb. 2014 <http://www.emporis.com/statistics/most-skyscraper-cities-worldwide>
10. “New York City’s Tallest Buildings - Top 20.” 2000-2014. 28 Feb. 2014 <http://www.emporis.com/statistics/tallest-buildings-newyorkcity-ny-usa>
11. “Largest Us Cities By Population.” 2013 28 Feb. 2014 <http://www.biggestuscities.com>
12. “Here Are The Cities That Americans Love To Visit In The US.” 2014. 28 Feb. 2014 <http://www.businessinsider.com/most-popular-us-travel-destinations-2013-9>