October 14, 2016
Ongoing Homework Reminders for this week
Students will have daily assignments.
The long term assignments for the next week are:
Turner's Math: Mon-Thurs Daily HW; Prodigy
Social Studies: Study nightly; Discussion (eClass) will be assigned 10/19--due Wednesday 10/26
Science: Study nightly; Weather Map Discussion (eClass) assigned 10/12--due Wednesday 10/19
Writing: Mon-Wed Daily HW
Reading: 20 Minutes + Genre Bingo (Due December 19th); Weekly Check in (eClass) due Fridays
- Explorer Projects are now on our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/work.html
- We need regular sized Pringles cans for a science experiment. Please include the lid, but NO chips.
- Please email us about birthday treats or any other special snacks you plan to send in so we can confirm allergies first.
- Make sure you check our Google Calendar on our website 1-2 times per week.
- Website: www.fenwickturner.weebly.com
From Ms. Fenwick
Reading: We will continue focusing on the theme of persistence as well as main idea and summary through a narrative nonfiction StoryWorks story, The Search for Pirate Gold. Our Genre Bingo Card has started over for the second half of this semester. Students will use the same card until December. If they are crossing over an existing bingo, they still need to pick a 5th book elsewhere on the card. Also don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under the Second Nine Weeks. We will also introduce Wordly Wise Lesson 5. The quiz for Lesson 5 will be on October 21st.
Writing: We will end our first unit on Narrative Writing. We will finish up becoming real published authors! We will begin our second unit on Opinion.
Grammar: We will continue to learn all about Compound Sentences this week though a story we read together, The Memory String.
Spelling: Spelling words are on my "Fenwick 4th Grade Core" eCLASS page as well as on the top of their "Word Work" spelling classwork. This unit's spelling test will be on 10/21.
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: Multiplication Unit 1.This unit includes factors, multiples, Prime & Composite, Area Models, partial products and basic multiplication of 1-4 digit numbers by 1 digit. Additional resources are on our website. Test: 10/19
- SS: Next up is Colonies! We'll study early Jamestown, Plymouth, and Roanoke next week. Then we move into the 13 colonies by region. LOTS of resources may be found on our website! Test: TBA
- Science: Weather -- take some time to watch the weather reports with your child. We will discuss 6 different instruments, weather patterns, climate, cloud types and more. LOTS of resources may be found on our website! Test: 10/21
Book Bags! Should they be heavy? REPEAT
Must Have in Bookbags:
· Binder (with planner)
· Red Folder (with classwork/HW packets)
· Blue Folder
· SS Book of Knowledge
· Science Journal
· Pencil Pouch
May Have in Bookbags:
· Library book
· Cursive Book
· Wordly Wise book
· Writer’s NB
SHOULD NOT Have in Bookbags:
· Pokemon Cards
· Excessive or Old Snacks
· Candy/gum/erasers that are played with instead of used for erasing.
· Stuffed animals
Don't Forget! --Repeat
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com