December Raptor Review
Schaller-Crestland Elementary Family Communication Letter
Message from Mr. Brand
- Please make sure your child is dressed for the weather! We will go outside unless the real feel is below 0 degrees.
- Students enjoyed a Thanksgiving meal provided by our food service and it was delicious! The kids loved it too!
- We will begin assessing our students in reading next week to prepare for the start of January with new reading groups that are right at the students current grade level.
- We hired 2 new aides for our Pre-K program.
- We recently received the Local Produce and Protein School Equipment Grant which has provided us with fresh local produce and meat which is provided by Tiefenthaler to serve to all of our students each day. Additionally, we are able to purchase some new equipment.
- We purchased a new shed for the playground which will keep all of our playground equipment organized! We are very excited to have a place to put everything!
- We also receive the fresh fruits and vegetables grant which gives the students an additional healthy snack during the school day.
- We will be hosting a community holiday meal before winter break, so the middle of December. The dinner will be served as a grab and go. It will be a porkloin dinner. Please keep a lookout for information in the near future and enjoy a delicious meal provided by our school food service and donated by Iowa Select Farms.
- The Scholastic book fair was a huge hit at conferences. The book fair netted over $2,300 and that means that $1,177 goes back to our library in items or things to purchase for our library. Also, many teachers received books for their classrooms!
- Each student received a board game and a book last Tuesday, provided by our local businesses. Thank you!
- Virtual Music Concert to come on Decmeber 18th, more information to come!
Parent Teacher Partnership Parent Contact Information Form
Thank you to our local Chamber and businesses for providing each of our students with a gift before the Thanksgiving Break! Students enjoyed the board games and books! Thanks again!
Holiday Virtual Music Concert
Social Media - Facebook
There will NOT be 3 year old preschool on Wednesdays. There also will not be 4 year old preschools on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
There will not be 3 or 4 year old preschool on January 6th.
We celebrated many students who received the Raptor Way Award in November! These students receive this award for working hard on three expectations each day: respectful, responsible, and safe. In addition to, we do a weekly drawing to celebrate and incentive students for their work towards our building wide expectations.
Our all-school incentive for the month of December is a carnival themed event on the last day before break. Students will participate in carnival type activities like a "cake walk" but for prizes, the ring toss, bowling, board games, etc. If you have any materials/games you would let us borrow that would be appreciated as well! We are also looking for more donations of prizes and bottles of pop for this day. Thanks in advance!
Remember that we are always looking for donations for our monthly assembly prizes or our weekly prizes! It all helps! Thank you!
Box Tops and Hy-Vee Receipts (Keep it up!) We are now at a total of $54.30 since July 1!
Saddlebags - Reminder they go home on Day 6!
Parent Teacher Partnership
Our next meeting is planned for the beginning of January, but this will be determined by the athletics/activities. I will let you know the next date in January as that time approaches.
- Provide feedback to Mr. Brand and our building leadership team.
- Let us know what we are doing well and what we need to improve on.
- PBIS does not have a budget or a fund.
- Donate prizes and items to our PBIS treasure box.
- Donate prizes for our PBIS assembly each month.
- Donate candy for our students who win the Raptor Way Award.
- Donate money or items for our all school incentives.
- Appreciate and celebrate staff for their hard work.
- Donate candy, snacks, pop (cans or bottles), and/or donate money to our Teacher appreciation fund, to provide snacks on PD days, dinner on conference night, etc.
- Organize events and support our school (be a helping hand)
The presentation from the December 1st meeting is linked below!
December Lunch Menu
Dates and Events
December 1st Parent Teacher Partnership Meeting
December 1st - Schoolwide Food Drive Begins
December 2nd - 1 hour late start: Doors open at 8:45 and school starts at 9:15
December 9th - 1 hour late start: Doors open at 8:45 and school starts at 9:15
December 15th - Schoolwide Food Drive Ends
December 16th - 1 hour late start: Doors open at 8:45 and school starts at 9:15
December 21st- January 1st- No School for Winter Break