Village Family News BLAST OFF!
Don't forget to send in Photos for the yearbook!
Buy Your Yearbook!
PTO Sponsored Virtual Jog-a-Thon Begins!!!!
See Details Below
Evacuation Drill for AM and PM Cohorts
PTO Sponsored Virtual Jog-a-Thon Ends
5/31: Memorial Day Holiday-No School
6/17: Last Day of School
No Place for Hate (NPFH) Committee Update for April
The No Place for Hate (NPFH) committee has a message regarding our April theme of being an Upstander: Someone who stands up and speaks up for others.
Please click the link to hear our message
For the month of April, our No Place for Hate (NPFH) theme is to Be an Upstander. An Upstander is someone who speaks up and stands up for others. On April 12-16th we had an Upstander spirit week. Thanks to everyone for participating 😊
Every Thursday in April Activity sheets will be given to students to facilitate discussions at home.
Week of April 16th
- K-2nd grade students will receive coloring sheet with the topic of how to get help if they see someone being hurtful.
- 3rd-5th grade students will get a crossword puzzle with words that align with being an upstander and creating a culture of inclusivity. To see the answers to the crossword puzzle, please visit the Village Counselor’s website under the NPFH tab. Here is the link: https://sites.google.com/view/villagecounselorsoffice/no-place-for-hate
Families are encouraged to participate and have discussions
on the topics introduced each month.
Discussion questions for the coloring sheet for Grades TK-2
- How do you think the student who is getting hurt feels?
- Sad, embarrassed, hurt, worried, confused, angry
- Who can you go to for help if you were seeing something like this happen?
- How do you think it made him feel after someone stood up for him?
- Relieved, included, happy, safe, calm, good, important
We can all do our part to make everyone feel good by being an upstander; someone who stands up and speaks up for others.
Discussion questions for grades 3-5 crossword puzzle:
- What do these words mean to you?
- Which words describe your experience at school?
- What character traits or actions are you good at and which ones need improvement?
*Feel free to take a picture of your child’s coloring sheet with their name on it and email it to Ms. Slusher at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org and she will display it at the NPFH page on the Village Counselor’s Website or drop your pictures off and we will display them around the school. If students feel extra creative, they can always make their own picture to turn in as well *
NPFH committee thanks everyone for participating 😊
Happy Minute 4th and 5th Grade
We are back to having Happy Minute for 4th and 5th grades on Tuesdays at 11:30.
We are using a new zoom link.
Meeting ID: 736 1270 3792
Thank you to our Jog-a-thon sponsors! WOW!!!!
If attending Saturday's Coronado Fitness Club's Event sponsoring our Village Jog a Thon, from 10:00-12:00 AM, parents must attend with their children.
Congratulations to Rachel Lozano, Village Elementary Classified Staff Member of the Year for 2020-2021!
Celebrating Month of the Military Child
Celebrating Month of the Military Child
Village Elementary, in partnership with our Navy School Liaison Officer and Military and Family Life Counselors, is proud to recognize all military-connected children this April during Month of the Military Child. To keep the recognition going, check out the events planned by the Coronado Library to honor our military kids!
· Community Action Mural at Coronado Public Library
All month long in the children's area, come add to the giant bulletin board, replete with a purple backdrop and huge world map. Add your favorite place where you and/or your parent have been stationed and what you enjoyed most from that experience. Art supplies provided.
· Month of the Military Child Poetry Awards Ceremony - Tuesday, April 27, 5 pm via Zoom
Winners of the Month of the Military Child Poetry Contest in each grade will be announced live! Winners will have the opportunity to read their poem and "receive" their medal. Event geared toward children and families.
Online Practice Tests for CAASPP
Details on how our in person and BRIDGE students in 3rd-5th grade students will take the CAASPP will come out soon, but we wanted to get the general schedule out to families as soon as possible! Since Spring Break is upon us, we also felt that now is a great time to get started practicing for our CAASPP testing.
Please see links below for Practice Tests:
CAASPP Practice Tests
Parents: Preparing for State Testing
Understanding the CAASPP Score
MFLC is Increasing their On Campus Services at Village
MFLC will be increasing their presence on campus! Anyone who sees the MFLC in a group during snack, between cohorts, or during class ,will need to have a permission slip on file. If your child is seeing an MFLC, please print and sign this form, and return to Melinda Clay in the front office.
Click the hot pink button above: https://www.facebook.com/CoronadoVillageElementary
Click the hot pink button above: https://www.instagram.com/coronado_village_elementary/