NTH@C Friday Notes
January 15, 2016
New Modular Schedule to begin on January 19th
Souper Bowl of Caring Kick-Off
It's once again time for the Souper Bowl of Caring. This year NTH@C has been selected as one of three kick-off locations in Texas for the Super Bowl of Caring campaign. The kick-off event will occur at 9:00 am on January 19, in the NTH@C gym.
NTH@C Recruitment Dates and Legacy Learners
It's once again time for NTH@C learner recruitment! Take a look at the campus site for information regarding the parent information sessions in January and February. Middle school shadow days are coming up during the first week of February. The legacy learner link has also been posted to the campus site.
Save the Date
For All Learners:
On January 21 and 22, New Tech will provide your child with the opportunity to figure out how stressed they really are and learn some copings skills on how to deal with the day to day stressors. On January 8th, your learner received a packet of information about TeenScreen. TeenScreen is a nationally-recognized program developed by Columbia University to identify risk factors associated with depression, anxiety, and alcohol and substance abuse. The program is free and completely voluntary and confidential.
Rising Seniors (Current Juniors):
Please mark your calendars! There is a college presentation in the CHS auditorium from 6:00pm-8:00pm on January 19th 2016. This is a great opportunity to start thinking about your future plans after high school.
Graduating Seniors - Financial Aid Presentation:
Texas A&M University representatives will be here at New Tech on Thursday, January 28th from 6:30pm-7:30pm in our cafeteria to discuss financial aid for all colleges and universities. This is a great opportunity for parents and learners to get information from college admissions representatives about different ways to cover college tuition cost.
Upcoming Campus Events
- January 19 - Super Bowl of Caring
- January 19 - Begin New Second Semester Bell Schedule
- January 26 - 1st Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 2 - 2nd Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 2, 3, & 4 - Middle School Shadow days
- February 8 - 3rd Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 10 - 4th Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 12 - Deadline for legacy learners to commit for the the 2016- 2017 year
- February 16 - 5th Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 18 - Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm