@ Captain Phillips
- Somalia compromises of 27 regions ad was colonized by both Briataian and France before it gained independence on July 1st, 1960.
- Mogadishu is the capital of Somalia, and its largest city.
- The official languages of Somalia include Somalie and Arabic
- This is the only country IN THE WORLD that does not possess a central form of government.
- Main agricultural exports are livestock, hides, bananas, fish, and charcoal.
Somalia's Significant Events
1888- Anglo Frech agreement defines boundary between Somali possessions of the two countrie.
1889- Italy set up a protectorate in central Somalia, later consolidated with territory in south ceded by the Sultan of Zanibar.
1925- Territory east of Jubba river detracted from Kenya to become the westernmost of the Italian protectorate.
1936- Italian Somliland combined with Somali speaking parts of Ethiopia to form a province of Italian East Africa.
1956- Itaian Somaliland renamed to Somalia and granted internal autonomy.
1967- Abdi Rashid Ali Shemarke beats Aden Abdullah Osman Daar in elections for President.
1969- Shemarke ( Took the L) was assassinated in a coup, where Mhummad Sid Barre then assumed power.
1970-Barre declares Somalia a socialist state and nationalists most of the economy.
1974-75- Severe drought causes widespread starvation for the region.
1977-Ssomalia invades the Somali- inhabited Ogaden region of Ethiopia.
1988- Peace accords with Ethiopia.
1991- Former Britishh Protectorate of Somaliland declares Unilateral independence.
Somalias Great Attractions
Kismayo National Park, park is home to many animals that are native to East African Origins. Many oppertunities for wild life safari tours.
Shanghai Old City- Located in the heart of Mogadishu, best known for its unique Chinese architecture.
- Somalia overall has some pretty ancient and beautiful attractions, but many people are driven away by the constant violence and instability of the country. If you do look to visit, our agency will assure you safe travel and a safe stay. We won't let the Somali Pirates ( Draymond Green) get ahold of you!