The Silver Lining
This month begins with what I think to be the most beautiful season of the year. Because of the area we live in we are able to witness God’s handiwork first hand. The leaves will turn from bright green to an array of oranges, golds, yellows, and reds. I have already seen this beginning to take place on some trees this past weekend.
Recently, as I was doing my devotion, I began to think about my children and how they are so similar to these leaves. What I mean is that our children change so quickly before our very eyes. First, it’s little changes, they begin by holding their heads up, crawling, and eventually on to walking. Before long, it’s Preschool, Kindergarten, and don’t blink...it’s Middle School, High School and then College. I am guilty of being so busy doing life that I often miss these life changing milestones. The Lord tugged at my heart and reminded me to listen more intently when my daughter or son calls for a chat, to watch the leaves as they change, and wait on the Lord for answers and guidance. After all, He created all of the world and blessed us with families because He loves us. Shouldn't we pause for a moment and take it all in?
So as Fall approaches, take the time to walk and talk with your family. Explore God’s world together. While it can be hard for all of us to slow down, it will be something you will never regret. Sharing laughter, conversations about the Lord, and love are in my opinion the three best things in life!
The calm and undisturbed mind and heart are
the life and health of the body. Proverbs 14:30
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Preschool OPEN regular hours October 1st and 2nd
Other Important Dates to Remember
- October 13th & 16th...SPEECH & HEARING SCREENINGS for 3 - 5 Year Olds
- October 16th...1/2 Day Dismissal at 12:15...NO Afternoon Carline, NO Night Owls
- October 27th & 28th...FALL INDIVIDUAL PORTRAITS
- OPEN HOUSE....November 10th
- VETERAN'S DAY PROGRAM....November 11th
- SBA CHRISTMAS SHOP....November 16th - 20th
- THANKSGIVING FEAST FOR PRE-K 4 & PRE-K 5 CLASSES....November 24th ONLY
- THANKSGIVING BREAK....November 25th - 30th
- PRESCHOOL RESUMES....December 1st
VERY IMPORTANT: Please make note of a few date changes on the Preschool Master Calendar.