SMS School Counseling Newsletter
Volume 1 Issue 1
Meet Your Counselors!
Ms. Cox is a Summers County graduate. She attended Concord University where she gained a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. While teaching 4th grade, she attended the University of West Alabama online to earn a Master's in School Counseling. This is Ms. Cox's 3rd year as a school counselor! Ms. Cox spends her mornings at SCHS and afternoons at SMS. You can email Ms. Cox at email@example.com.
Mrs. Mann is a graduate of Hinton High School. She attended Concord College where she obtained a Bachelor Degree in Social Work. While working at Concord College Head Start and Summers County Board of Education as a Developmental Guidance teacher, she earned her Master's in Social Work from West Virginia University and her Master's in School Counseling from Marshall University. This is Mrs. Mann's 28th year in the counseling profession. Please feel free to email Mrs. Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keys to Success at SMS!!
- Come to school everyday!!
- Be on time!
- Turn in excuses promptly when you must miss school. Students are allowed a total of 10 parent notes for the year.
- Remember to get make up assignments as soon as you return!
- Follow all rules outlined in the SMS handbook.
- If you are having a bad day, see a school counselor! We are here for you!
- Be sure to turn in all assignments!
- Turn in assignments on time!
- Ask for help when you don't understand something.
- Communicate with your teachers, counselors, and administrators. We are here to help you!
Learning From Mistakes: Why We Need to Let Children Fail
Each month we will provide parents with articles concerning topics surrounding academic, social, and emotional development. Click the link below to read about the importance of allowing kids to struggle and sometimes even fail.
Dates to Remember
- September 2nd - Labor Day No School
- September 16th - SMS Picture Day
- September 23rd - Midterms
- October 14th - Two hour delay
- October 24th - End of 1st grading period
- October 31st - 1st 9 weeks Report Cards.