The Panther Post
August 2, 2022 Volume 18
Welcome back everyone!! Our teachers and staff are ready to see you on Wednesday!! #gladtobehere
Please visit our DMS website at https://www.madisoncity.k12.al.us/discovery for ALL things DMS. Sending a message of welcome with important quick reminders as we begin our 22-23 school year.
* Please watch school speed zones Wednesday as our district returns to school and allow plenty of time for travel
* School hours are 8:15 am - 3:20 pm Monday-Friday
* ABCDE rotation schedule for week 1, 8/3-8/5
* All students that completed the re-enrollment process will receive their lunch number and a printed schedule during A block Wed (please visit our front office if there are questions on re-enrollment or new student enrollment)
* Remember to pay all school fees associated with your child's schedule
* Building opens at 7:40 am (car line closes at 8:10 am daily) - for car line access, please enter at the north entrance off Hughes Rd (if arriving after 8:10 am, please report to the front office)...students enter at the gym for car line, bikes and walkers and cafeteria for bus riders
* Buses will enter and exit on the south side of the building between DMS and the senior center.
* Parent parking is in the main lot at football field ONLY (badge access required to park in front loop)
* See DMS student handbook paying close attention to all items, especially the updated dress code section
* We will host the following safety drills during the first few days of school - lockout/lockdown, fire and severe weather
* Medication drop-off (please schedule a time with Nurse Kemi through front office) - DO NOT send items with your students
* Check student backpacks and other belongings for items that do not belong on school grounds (see MCS code of conduct)
* Student check-out will end at 2:45 pm each day so that the car line, front loop can be cleared of all vehicles before dismissal
* Open House will be Tuesday, August 9th from 5:00-7:30 pm by alphabet
* Parents can pay fees online by clicking DMS fee payment on our website or they can bring a check or cash to the front office between 8:30-11:30 the first 3 days of school.
*Please go over your street address with your child for transportation purposes.
Pre Order Prices: Now- Nov. 18= $40/ Nov. 19-Jan. 31= $45
Scan the QR Code below:
- Please ensure that your students adhere to the dress code. All clothing must meet appropriate guidelines as noted in the DMS Student Handbook and MCS Code of Conduct. Also, students may bring a jacket or sweater if they are cold; however, blankets and stuffed animals are not allowed as a cover at school.
- Attendance is very important. Please be sure to send absence notes to email@example.com whenever your student is absent from school.
- Students should arrive to class on time and be in their seats when the tardy bell rings.
- For morning drop off and afternoon dismissal, parking in the front northeast lot or in the loop at the front office will soon require a clearly marked parking pass. Those without this pass are asked to use the car line. Thanks to everyone for using the car line unless you have an "approved reason" from the DMS administration. Approved reasons are for SRO, medical/emergency, special needs, late arrival, etc. We are working for the safety of all of our students and staff at DMS. Thank you for your continued support!
Lost and Found
- Please encourage your students to check the DMS Lost & Found near the front office if they have misplaced any items.
- The Lost and Found will be cleared out on the first day of each month and unclaimed items will be donated to a worthy cause.
The PTA is excited to welcome everyone to the new school year. We are excited for opportunities to come and would appreciate your support. All parents, students, staff, grandparents, and teachers can join the PTA. Your membership helps support the school throughout the year and enables us to provide supplies, programming, teacher classroom grants, teacher start-up funds, student events, and more!
You can join the PTA by clicking the following link: https://dms.memberhub.com/store?category=Memberships&fbclid=IwAR0VBX7UVsNGcMVIxvmcC2JiYGZPOwfCkldZMsu-uTAvQ3fIpwx-IsmI33k
We invite everyone to attend Open House on August 9th - sign up for membership and buy your spirit wear that night. You can also pick up any spirit wear pre-orders. All families who join PTA by 8/9 will be entered to win a $25 gift card.