We Are Together Tamanend!
June 17, 2013
Talent Show 2013
Last Thursday our students and staff celebrated another great year together by enjoying the many talents that we have in our school. Congratulations to everyone who participated in this fantastic show! Thank you Madame Thompson, Miss Vitacco, Mr. Sanchez and all of the students who worked behind the scenes to make this years Talent Show a huge success!
Freshman Day & Dance
Our 9th Graders enjoyed a day at Briarwood Day Camp for their Freshman Day last Friday. Signing yearbooks, playing in the pool, and enjoying a day to celebrate three great years together is what Freshman Day is all about.
Meanwhile, back at Tamanend, parents transformed our school for the Freshman Dance. Students were in awe as they arrived in their dance attire.
Thank you TMS parents and staff for giving our 9th graders a Freshman Day and Dance that they will long remember!
Music Showcase Grand Sweepstakes Award
We just learned that our Jazz Ensemble won the Grand Sweepstakes Award at the 2013 Music Showcase Festivals for earning the highest scoring ensemble at our level from all of the festivals held at the Dorney Park Adjudication. Congratulations to all Jazzers. Thank you Jazz parents for your support. Congratulations, Mr. Werner!
Students who owe books, fines, cafeteria money, athletic uniforms, or anything that belongs to Tamenend will not be able to see this year's report cards or next year's schedule on the parent/student portal until those obligations are cleared. Obligations for our 9th graders carry over to CB South.
Lost and Found
9/11 Heroes Run
The TMS Health & Wellness Committee wants to challenge you this summer to train for the 9/11 Heroes Run in Doylestown next fall. What better way to kick off the school year than to do something healthy, in service to others, together! The Heroes Run will be held on Sunday, September 15, 2013. So, mark your calendars and register under the "Tamanend Tiger" group by following these easy steps:
Step 1: Click on this link: http://911heroesrundoylestown.eventbrite.com/
Step 2: Select Individual Registration
Step 3: Under individual registion, select "Tamanend Tigers" as your team.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Lauren C. was nominated for RoAR Recognition for her RESPONSIBILITY by Mrs. Mancini.
| || |
Natalie K. was nominated for RoAR Recognition for her ACHIEVEMENT by Mrs. McFarland.
CBSD Board Briefs
At the June 11, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the H Factor performance (the H stands for Holicong) before the school board meeting and via video, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mrs. Strong’s Kindergarten Pine Run class.
2. Heard the Superintendent’s Report.
3. Approved the School Board Minutes.
4. Approved the Treasurer’s Report, Budgetary Transfers for the 2012-2013 fiscal year, and Designation of Depository Banks for the 2013-2014 school year.
5. Approved the MG Trust Contract for employee 457 (b) payroll deductions and the Resolution for Debt Defeasement (paying off some of the principal from previously issued bond debt).
6. Approved contracts to Pavement Maintenance for asphalt repairs at Mill Creek Elementary School in the amount of $27,440; to T. Schiefer for new concrete sidewalks, curbs, and flagpole at Gayman Elementary School and asphalt repairs at Buckingham Elementary School in the amount of $46,750; to CSC for asphalt repairs at Barclay Elementary School in the amount of $8,492; to Centre Point for concrete wall modifications at CB West High School in the amount of $27,800; and rejected all bids for the new concrete ramp at Barclay Elementary School.
7. Sent the Facility Use Fee Schedule back to committee for further review. Facility use fees continue at same level as 2012-13 rates.
8. Approved the Act 93 Plan for administrators and the Assistant Superintendent Contracts.
9. Approved School Board Policy #217 – Graduation Requirements.
10.Approved various personnel items, foreign exchange students, and student trips.11.Received the Board Calendar as an information item.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- This summer, Tamanend students and staff will read Wonder for one of their two summer reading books. For more information, click here.
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.