Bill Runey, Superintendent of Schools
August 26, 2022
Will we be perfect? No. However with constructive feedback, we will do our best to grow.
- The DRRSD app for iPhone and Android. This app has a very Facebook-esque feel with real-time connectivity and updates like direct access to each individual school, Whitsons meal menus, etc. You'll see screenshots below.
- Rooms: It is our goal to train staff to eventually use the "Rooms" tool to replace Remind, Class Dojo, etc. We are not there yet, but it's on the horizon.
- In addition to Apptegy's features, you can connect with us on Social Media on Facebook and Instagram.
This is a phased rollout, but in time, you will see a dramatic change to how we communicate.
Safety & Security
One of our primary areas of focus this summer has been to improve safety and security in our district. We have been fortunate to have had the expertise of Dighton Police & Fire; Rehoboth Police & Fire, and an independent security consultant. In consultation with the School Committee, our team has invested the time and money to make our vision for safer schools a reality. We are still developing the vision, but you will see significant changes including:
- Facilities repairs and upgrades
- Nearly instantaneous communication via text, call, and email once Apptegy is completely implemented
Safety plans with common language across all schools
A 1-page Crisis Response poster will be visible throughout each school
Go Bags are in production to include these in an evacuation:
One pager on procedures in an emergency
Crisis Go communication app
Ongoing meetings with local police & fire
Professional Development being planned
Staff Recognition Sponsors
With the exception of the Nurses' Office, masks are no longer required on buses or in school. Everyone's choice to mask or not mask is to be respected. We will not be doing in-school testing.
The state has provided guidance on testing positive and being exposed to positive cases. Click this link for an explanation.