September 8th, 2023
Welcome Back to School!
A note from the nurse’s office:
- Please consider sending in spare clothing and underwear for your child. Accidents and spills happen every day! They can be kept at the nurse’s office or classroom.
- If your child has a fever, please keep them home until their temperature is less than 100 degrees for 24 hours without medication.
- Do not send a child to school who has been vomiting during the night or in the morning before school. It takes more than a few hours to recuperate from an intestinal ailment. This is best for your child and reduces the exposure to other students.
- If your child has an injury requiring a cast, brace, crutches, or other supportive devices, PLEASE ask their doctor for a note listing activity restrictions while at school. Contact the nurse’s office before your child returns to school.
- Required exams:
- Dental exams are needed Kindergarten and again in third grade.
- Physical exam needed upon entry to Kindergarten.
- OR for transferring students if exams were not completed or sent from their prior school. Reminder letters will be sent if we do not have the necessary forms on file.
- Medication (prescription or over the counter) cannot be given at school without a doctor's order/note. Medication must be in a labeled pharmacy container
Meet Tawanka's New School Counselor - Megan Kovak
Safety of all students and staff is a top priority at Tawanka, so we have strict safety procedures in place. A reminder of the following:
Building Entry: All visitors must scan their driver's license or state issued ID at the kiosk in the front vestibule and wait for entry. This is required at every visit, or access will be denied.
Early Dismissals: Please notify the teacher if your child will be picked up early. If being picked up by someone other than a parent/guardian, please specify who will be picking up your child. Students will only be released to individuals listed on the emergency card, but the office must be notified prior to pick-up. Students must be signed out in the main office. Again, driver's license or state issued ID is required to pick up a student. We strongly encourage early dismissals be no later than 3:00 pm.
A Note from Mrs. Kirsh
I am happy to be able to invite your child to become part of the Neshaminy School District’s very successful instrumental music program. If your child would like to participate in the string program, please register by filling in and submitting the form below and I will put them in my teaching schedule.
I look forward to working with your children and seeing you at our first performance in December!
Mrs. Helen Kirsch
Neshaminy String Teacher
Tawanka - Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday
Co-director Neshaminy Junior Honors Orchestra
Free and Reduced Price School Meals
Please follow the links below for free and reduced school meals.
Parents and Guardians who plan to serve as field trip chaperones and/or volunteers at school must have current clearances on file with he school district. For additional information on clearances, including all related links, please click on the link below.
Please be sure to read all information. Volunteer applications need to be completed online and will enable volunteers to register for multiple buildings at the same time.
Since the approval process can take several weeks, please file for your clearances ASAP so that they are in place when needed.