Pirate Parent Newsletter
MAP Testing May 2-4
Annual Verification for 2023-2024
Principal Advisory Council Candidates Wanted
The candidate declaration window for 2023-2024 Principal Advisory Council elections will be open through Friday, August 25, 2023.
Parent/Guardian Candidate Declaration Form (English/Spanish)
Complete the relevant form below to run for a position on your school’s council.
Parent/Guardian Candidate Declaration Form (Additional Languages)
Teacher Candidate Declaration Form
Principal Advisory Councils bring parents, school employees, students and community members together to create a better understanding of and mutual respect for each other’s perspectives and share ideas for increasing student achievement and performance.
What is the role of the Principal Advisory Council?
- Act as a link between the school and the community
- Encourage the engagement of parents and other stakeholders within the school community
- Work to increase student achievement through transparent operations and shared best practices
- Review the Continuous School Improvement Plan and monitor progress toward goals
- Participate in the selection of the school principal
Additional Resources for Council Elections
Our Drive to 95- Attendance Updates
As stated in the last Parent Newsletter, our average daily attendance for April increased to 85.66%. We averaged 132 students absent daily unexcused. We had 1,852 total unexcused absences in April. These are improvements, but we have to do better. We cannot support your students if they do not come to school.
Here is what you can do:
- Have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. You can monitor your student's attendance daily with the app. If you need assistance in creating a parent portal account, contact our school registrar.
- Call the attendance secretary when you have a sick student. Some of our student absences are illnesses but if we do not get a note, email, or call, we are forced to code the absence as unexcused.
- Bring your student to school on time. Daily we have dozens of parents who drop their students off late. Please bring your student daily by 8:00 am.
- If there are reasons your student is absent, let us know. We have resources that can support families but we need to know how we can support you.
It is extremely important that we get attendance right. As we drive for 95, we will need all hands on deck to turn this around. Our students deserve it. We can do this!