Thoughts From Mrs. Shock...
October is here! What a great time to enjoy all that fall has to offer. We even have fall like weather now! We will continue to send kids out to recess unless it is raining or the temperature gets below 20 degrees with the wind chill. Please send students to school with the necessary outdoor gear.
Parent/ teacher conferences are coming up later this month. Please look for information from your child's teacher regarding conference sign ups in the next week.
Please be mindful of the good of all when navigating the parking lot. When we cut through parking spaces or park in no parking areas it disrupts this flow of traffic. I ask that everyone adhere to the guidelines put in place for the parking lot so that we can keep traffic flowing.
School Hours To Adhere To!
- Please note that the school day begins at 9:00 am and ends at 3:44 pm.
- It is key to your child's educational success to be at school on time each day.
- Students who are not picked up on time at dismissal will be sent to SACC and charged a registration fee and hourly SACC fee. We do not have staff available to supervise students who are not picked up at the end of the school day.
A Note from Mrs. DePerro
Please click here to view information about our monthly character traits!
Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Parent/teacher conferences will be in person this year on October 19th and October 20th.
- Conferences are a great opportunity for parents and teachers to collaborate on student successes and opportunities for growth.
Halloween Party And Parade Information
- Halloween is on Monday, October 31st.
- The school parade will take place outside, weather permitting, at 10:40 am.
- Classroom parties will follow.
- Dismissal is at 11:55 am.
Thank you to our Girl Scouts for the donation of school supplies!!
Ordering Student Hot Lunches
If your child will be late to school, please message the teacher to let them know that your student will want to order lunch for the following day. You may also leave this information on the attendance line when calling them in as a late arrival to school.
For easy planning, please refer to the hot lunch menu for the month of October.
If you know your child will be out the following day, please call the evening or night before to avoid forgetting to call. Again, you can call 24/7!
We expect every child to be in school and on time each day. When they aren't here as expected, we are concerned for their safety! Please make every effort to notify us as early as possible!
When Your Child is Sick...
- A child must be fever and vomit free for 24 hours without the use of medication prior to returning to school.
- Please call the attendance line to report a student absent at 586-723-5899.
Calling In An Absence To Our Attendance Line
Whenever calling our attendance line for non-Covid related absences, you will be asked to provide the student name, their grade, the reason for absence in detail and the name of the person calling and their relationship to the student. If you simply say your child is not feeling well, we will have to call you for more details due to the pandemic situation that we are in.
students leaving early from school
Please plan for a few extra minutes for us to get your child and bring them out to you. Upon arrival, please come to the Main Entrance and push the office button on the call box located on the brick wall near our drop-off bin. We will ask a few questions and get your child from class.
We will also check ID of the person picking up - If you are sending someone, and they aren't a parent, they must be on the list of Emergency Contacts that you have provided us. We also ask that you call the office ahead of time and let us know that someone other than the parent will pick the student up. This will help speed up things when that person arrives.
Thank you in advance for your help!