Weekly Update for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
Several Important things:
* It is very important that you are in contact with parent of student that will fail for the 3rd six weeks and for the Fall Semester. Begin calling this week, so parents are aware of their child failing. I would like for this to be documented, incase a parent comes to me and is surprised that their child has failed.
* Please make sure that I am aware of any Fall Semester failures, as soon as possible.
* We have several students leaving early for the break. These students are receiving an unexcused absence and will be responsible for getting worked/exams made up by Friday, January 8 @ 4pm. Please make arrangements for these students to take their exams the week of January 5.
* Grades will be due Monday, January 4 @ Midnight.
* Staff that worked extra 6 hours during the two week August professional development, will be off on January 4. Please know that you will be expected to have lesson plans done by Tuesday, January 5 and ready to begin class without a workday.
* ACE After School Programs will ENDS on Thursday, December 10. So if you are needing to place any student on the after school ICU list please make sure we get that taken care of this week. If any students stay after school the week of December 14, it will need to be parent pick up.
Change of the Guard - Before School and After School Duty
If you are covering the Court Yard in the morning, Please actively monitor the students. We have a lot of students in this area and we need you visible and actively monitoring. If the weather is bad, please send kids to the auditorium and assist in covering the auditorium.
Front Main / Court Yard (Inside Gate: Cover the front portion entering B Hall) -A. Brown
Court Yard (Middle Section and Grass area) - Jones
Snack Bar - Tarin
Band Hall and Backside of the Courtyard - Greene (Stay in Auditorium)
Afternoon 3:45 - 4:00 - Please assist in having all students in their designated pick-up area
Front Main - Curry
Courtyard - Jones
Front SpEd - S. Brown
Busses / Snack Bar - Pike
Band Hall - McGinty
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Over the next two weeks, we will need to be very vigilant and visible to the student body.
City Bank Community Rewards - LAST WEEK TO VOTE
We are needing everyone to make sure they vote for our Parent Organization and encourage family members and friends to vote as well. It is greatly appricated.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE DAILY....ONLY 7 more times!
Please spread the word and go online and vote! Vote now through Sunday, December 13!
(You must be 18 years of age or older to vote)
Thanks for your support of the LCMS Parent Organization!
Teacher would you want to DONATE the ROLLS of DUCT TAPE!
The LCMS PTO is very excited to announce their newest fundraising event:
Duct Tape the Principal to the Wall
LCMS staff, students and parents will have the opportunity to duct tape LCMS's amazing Principal, Mrs. Gunset, to a wall of the school. The PTO will be selling duct tape in one yard strips for $1 each starting the week of December 14. Staff, students and parents will have the opportunity to place the duct tape strip on the Principal. We hope that enough duct tape strips will be placed on the Principal so that she will be suspended above the ground on a wall of the school. The PTO’s goal is to raise $1,200.00 to purchase Christmas Day Meal for those families in need at LCMS.
Nurses Educating on Illegal Drugs & Synthetics (NEIDS)
Lubbock-Cooper is proud to host University Medical Center’s Nurses Educating on Illegal Drugs & Synthetics (NEIDS) in order to educate our community about the dangers of synthetic marijuana and other illegal drugs. NEIDS is an outreach group of registered nurses that believes synthetic marijuana and other illegal drugs kill and harm too many, especially teenagers who do not understand the dangers of these types of drugs. Middle school students will receive this presentation Friday, December 18 from 10:30am-11:30pm.
For more information, please visit www.umcneids.com
LCMS National Juniors Honor Society
LCMS Student Council
Next Two Week Calendar Events
• Monday, December 7 - Boys Basketball vs Atkins @ Atkins (5:30pm/6:30pm)
• Monday, December 7 - Girls Basketball vs Atkins @ LC High School (6:00pm/7:00pm)
• Tuesday, December 8 - 8th Grade Banquet Meeting in Library (5:30pm)
• Wednesday, December 9 - ARD Meeting (AM Only)
• Thursday, December 10 - Lock Down to Fire Drill
• Thursday, December 10- Saturday, December 12 - All Region Clinic/Concert
• Friday, December 11- iPod, Hat and Holey Jean Day ($1 each item)
• Friday, December 11 - Winter Dance (7pm-10pm)
• Saturday, December 12 - Super Saturday A Team Only - Girls
• Saturday, December 12 - Super Saturday A Team Only - Boys
• Monday, December 14 - Semester Reviews (All Day)
• Monday, December 14 - Girls Basketball vs Heritage @ Heritage (5:30pm/6:30pm)
• Monday, December 14 - Boys Basketball vs Heritage @ LC High School (6:00pm/7:00pm)
• Tuesday, December 15 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Clay Kennedy
• Tuesday, December 15 - Semester Reviews (All Day)
• Tuesday, December 15 - Choir Christmas Concert @ PAC (6pm)
• Wednesday, December 16 - Semester Test (All Day)
• Thursday, December 17 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chelsea Evans
• Thursday, December 17 - Semester Test (All Day)
• Friday, December 18 - Noon Dismissal
• Friday, December 18 - Semester Test (AM Only)
• Friday, December 18 - Nurses Educating on Illegal Drugs & Synthetics (NEIDS) (10:30am)
• Friday, December 18 - END OF 3rd SIX WEEKS/FALL SEMESTER
Do you know an LCISD employee who sets a GOLD standard?
Nominate deserving staff members for the Lubbock-Cooper Gold Award for Employees! The Lubbock-Cooper ISD Gold Award for Employees recognizes the exceptional staff of our district who reach far beyond their call of duty to serve students, parents, fellow employees, and the community. These are individuals who believe in integrity and responsibility, who approach others with kindness and compassion, and who lead by example. Please take a few moments to complete the form found here and help us recognize some very special employees:
All nominees will be recognized and will receive a certificate and letter. Each month, all of the month's nominees will be entered into a prize drawing. The winner will also be invited to represent all of the employees at that month's Board meeting. At the end of the year, an event will be held to celebrate all of the nominees.
Special thanks to Grand Canyon University for sponsoring the Lubbock-Cooper ISD Gold Award for Employees.