Adventures in Miss Elliott's Class
News, updates, and information!
"S'MORE" to LEARN in 2nd GRADE
September is in Full Swing!
- Ask them to find a few real-life objects that are 2-D shapes. If you really want to challenge them, ask them to explain to you the attributes of a polygon!
- Have them tell you a few characteristics of a good citizen.
- Ask them to share with you the procedures for "Read to Self".
- Have them share with you some of the things they brainstormed for pre-writing ideas. (hint: remind them about their "heart map")
They really seem to enjoy each other and we are building such a strong, happy classroom community! I'm pleased with what I'm seeing, so far. Way to go!
What To Look Forward to Next Week...
- Reading: continue reading independently to build stamina, Daily 5 Procedures, and introducing "Read to Someone" and "Work on Writing"
- Work Work: -ck word families (-eck, -ick, -uck, ock, -ack)
- Social Studies: Rights and Responsibilities of good citizens
- Writing: Writing conventions (end-punctuation and nouns/verbs)
- Math: 3-D Shapes and their attributes (ongoing problem solving and basic facts)
- Science: Weather - measure, graph, and record
As always, information about our weekly objectives can be found on our 2nd grade webpage at www.allenisd.org/evanses :)
A Few More Things...
- Please make sure you have filled out the online forms in Skyward. (I know many of you have already done this. If so, thank you!!)
- If you have not already done so, please send class t-shirt order form & payment for PTA. Remember to include your driver's license number on all checks.
- Check and initial folders daily. Reading together is so important! Make it fun! :)
- If your child plays any sports or is involved in an activity, please send me a schedule! I can't PROMISE I'll be there, but I'd like to try to make it to an event, if I can.
- Remember, there is NO SCHOOL on Monday in honor of Labor Day.
As always, don't hesitate to call or email me with concerns or questions...or just to say hello! I look forward to getting to know each of you more as the year progresses.
Have a wonderful weekend!! :)