NAIS Summer Update
July 20, 2018
Please read through this newsletter and let us know if you have any questions.
Enjoy the sunshine!
~Katie , Megan, & Patrick
Lake Fun with my boys at Lake of the Woods in Michigan
The Three 3 year olds- Henry (Megan), Nora (Patrick), and Mason (Katie) having fun at a cookout
Attending the National Principal Conference and meeting Daniel Pink #neverstoplearning
Save the Date- August 12 Cookout
4th Grade- Debbie Gabelman
Intervention Specialist- Meredith Petzke
Intervention Specialist- Courtney Kosky
Library Aide- Angie Lewis
Lunch Team- James Moore
Congratulations to Cass Caudill whom accepted a position as a secretary in Special Education- we will miss her and are currently working on finding a replacement.
If you would like to learn about our new teachers at the ELC, Primary, and Intermediate schools, you can click here to read their biographies.
News to Share
2. Classroom Set Up/Access: As a reminder we are currently hosting Eagle Summer Camp as well as the upcoming PBL Conference which will be spread out throughout the building. All classrooms will be ready to be accessed and set up beginning on Monday August 6.
3. Technology Trainings and Update: If you still haven't signed up for a technology training for our new devices- MacAir Book and/or iPad, I would encourage you to do so to get your device and become familiar with it. There are still training dates available in early August, sign up at these links: August 7 am session, August 7 pm session and August 8 session. Communication is also being sent out to families in the very near future about the One To One Roll out with information for families including a detailed handbook of information and expectations. Students will receive their devices on the first two days of school at assemblies in each wing ran by the Admin Team and Technology Department. More information to come soon, but know during Thursday August 16 and Friday August 17, there will be an assembly in each wing to discuss and distribute technology by homeroom to students.
4. Summer PD Sessions: There are several offerings on campus this summer for PD. Jess Mamais is offering PD on Performance Matters, the ESC PBL Conference, as well as upcoming Apple Tech PD. Click here to see the Summer 2018 Professional Development Opportunities at NAPLS.
We are pleased to partner with the ESC of Central Ohio to offer the PBL Ohio Conference on our campus again this summer. Because of this arrangement, our staff can attend the conference free! (a $600 value) The 3-day conference is July 25, 26, and 27. In addition, there is an optional 1-day pre-conference called Project Slice, which anyone can attend. So you may choose to attend only the 1-day pre-conference, only the 3-day conference, or all 4 days. To register, go to the conference homepage:
Use the code NAPLSFREE to register for the conference without paying the registration.
5. Here is the link to the Intermediate Post Card that will go out in early August to families. Be sure to check out all the Back To School Important Dates.
6. A huge thank you to our T& L team and Team Leaders who have come in over the summer to provide feedback and refinements to the tentative Lunch/Special/Eagle Period Schedules (see button below) , as well as to our class placements. We appreciate their assistance in balancing classes and setting up students for success. The T & L team has reviewed newly released OST data to create their groups for next year and hit the ground running as well as assisted in creating the Eagle Period Schedule to meet student needs and fit them into a specific Eagle Period group. THANK YOU to ALL!
7. Class placements/lists will be released to teachers in the next week or two. In 4th and 5th grade we did group students by math courses in homerooms to ease transitions/prevent lost instructional time as much as possible when going to specials. Students could be flexibly grouped throughout the day or could travel as a homeroom. In sixth grade we placed the students in a similiar style to last year. There will be some time during the opening staff meeting time to look at class lists with your team and decide how students will travel throughout the day. If someone from your team would like to get a head start once class lists are released of grouping students within your team, please reach out to Katie.
Lucy & Lattes Summer Gathering
Upcoming Important Dates
Monday, August 13th- Teacher Work Day
Tuesday, August 14th- Convocation & PD/Staff Meeting (more details to come)
Wednesday, August 15th- Building Meetings & NAIS Open Houses
4th grade - 1:00pm, 6th grade- 1:45pm, 5th grade- 2:30pm
Thursday, August 16th- First Day of School
Tuesday August 28th- 4th Grade Curriculum Night- 6pm
Thursday August 30th- 5th Grade Curriculum Night- 6pm
Tuesday September 4th- 6th Grade Curriculum Night- 6pm