September 28, 2015
My, How Time Flies
Thanks to each of you for a fantastic week of teaching and student learning last week. It was GREAT to get into the classrooms the first part of the week and complete some PDAS observations. Hopefully, with this weeks schedule, Kristen and I will be in the classroom every day this week to complete walkthroughs, observations, and to support you and your students.
Hopefully, all of you are now aware that we will be holding our bi-annual Veterans Day Assembly. Laura Beth is working hard in music to prepare students with a couple of patriotic songs and the choir will also be performing at the assembly. The specials team is working with PTA on decorations, etc. As at our previous Veterans Day Assembly, we ask that EACH grade level put together a special project to share with the Veterans. This could be a song, chant, writing from selected students, or whatever else your creative brains can develop. We will also be sending out a "Save the Date" flyer in the next couple of weeks. We are inviting ALL veterans and their families to attend (not just those who are family members or related to someone on campus). I have contacted Sam Johnson, Dr. Bingelli and Nick Denison (served multiple tours overseas) to be speakers at the event. I will let you know, as we get closer, which adults will actually serve as speakers.
Last week, I heard some GREAT feedback from a parent whose student has utilized the Professor Hours. Please make sure that in your communications you remind parents of availability. Speaking of communications, thanks to the great communication I am seeing with parents from most grades. Not a single parent has commented that they are not getting enough communication this year. Keep up the great work!
A number of you have asked questions about a new student who will be attending Bethany this week. We are very excited to have a new young man in our BSC beginning this Wednesday. Last week we had a chance to meet with the parents and develop what I believe will be an outstanding plan for success for him. As with all new students, or students you do not recognize, I encourage you to say hi to him and welcome him on our campus.
Finally, two week ago, we began our discussions for the Plano Professional Practice Analysis (PPPA). Please take a moment to complete these individually, with your grade level, and with your K-2 and 3-5 groups this week. I will need to have a copy with the results turned in from each group no later than this Friday, October 2nd.
Thanks again for all that you do!! Have a fantastic week and know that you are appreciated!
- September 30th ELL Talk at 3:30-4:00 (optional)
- October 1st Nurse Jill Returns
- October 2nd PPPA Document for K-2 and 3-5 turned into Bryan
- October 2nd Launch for PTA Big Kahuna Fundraiser
- October 5th Monday Morning Assembly
- October 6th Plano Fire Rescue Clowns K-2 -- 1:30 p.m. in Gym
- October 6th Dining for Dollars -- Chik-fil-A on Coit between Spring Creek and Legacy
- October 7th Fire Prevention Posters Due
- October 8th PTA Coffee with the Counselor -- 9:00 a.m.
- October 8th ELL Talk at 3:30-4:00 (optional)
- October 12th Parent-Teacher Conferences
- October 13th All-Pro Dad's Breakfast
- October 13th ELL Talk at 3:30-4:00 (optional)
- October 14th PTA Fall Luncheon for Staff
- October 14th Team Leader Meeting
- October 15th PTA Big Kahuna Fundraiser Ends
- October 15th Fall GT Training
- October 16th Reflections Projects Due
- October 16th End of First Nine Weeks
- October 19th SBIC Meeting (Full Day)
- October 21st Staff Meeting
- October 22nd CMIT Meetings
- October 26th Morris Brothers Red Ribbon Week Program 8:00 a.m. (Tentative)
- October 28th PLC Monthly Meetings
- October 29th Dr. Binglee Visit (around 9:00 a.m.)
- October 30th PTA Trunk or Treat (6:00 p.m.)
Thought For The Week
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a person’s character give him power.”