CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
I hope everyone had a wonderful break. Mine was restful, but I'm ready to get back into a routine. Several things happening this week that you should be aware of:
- Sports team pictures will be this Wednesday right after school. Order forms will be coming home on Monday.
- Report Cards will be coming home on Friday.
- 2017-2018 Enrollment- Going home on Monday will be enrollment forms for next school year. We need you to complete and return them to school by Friday, January 20th. You can also complete the online form (below) if you prefer that method. The application window for those wanting to enroll at CSA Lincoln closes in February and we need to know what grades we will have openings. To add a little extra incentive to get these turned in promptly, the first two classes to get 100% turned in will win a pizza lunch! This is for grades K-5th. 6th grade parents only need to complete the online form if they have an incoming kindergarten student for next year.
- TWO basketball games this week. Wednesday 1/11 @ CSA Fodrea 5:30 p.m.; Saturday 1/14 @ Clifty Creek 9 a.m.
1/16 MLK Jr. Day- No School
1/17-21 EBL Tournament Week (see schedule below)
1/31 Staff/Student Basketball Game-Paw Pack (3rd-6th)- Sports Recognition Night
2/6-9th Parent-Teacher Conferences
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Kids, Cops and Firefighters at kidscommons!
It’s kids, cops and firefighters day at kidscommons
Sunday, Jan. 15 from 1-5 pm.
Enjoy FREE ADMISSION while you explore the museum with our community friends and helpers from the fire department, police department and CRH Ambulance Service.
EBL Playoffs and Super Saturday
- Tuesday, January 17th- CSA Lincoln vs. Smith Elementary @ Clifty Creek- 5:30 p.m.
Second Round Basketball Game
- If we win the first round we would play Wednesday, January 18th @ Clifty Creek vs. Clifty Creek- First game starts at 5:30 p.m.
Super Saturday Event Schedule
Saturday January 21st, 2016 @ Columbus North H.S.
1. Doors open @ 7:30 a.m.
2. First boy’s semi-final game begins @ 8 a.m.
3. Second boy’s semi-final game begins @ 9:15 a.m.
4. First girl’s semi-final game begins @ 10:30 a.m.
5. Second girl’s semi-final game begins @ 11:45 a.m.
Clear Gym after final semi-final game
6. Re-open doors @ 1:45 p.m. for the start of Cheer Day
7. Cheer starts approximately at 2:30 p.m. ending around 4:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Clear Gym after Cheer competition
8. Re-open doors @ 5:30 p.m.
9. Boy’s championship game starts approximately 6 p.m. to 6:10 p.m.
10. Girl’s championship game starts approximately 7:30-7:40 p.m.
M.A.T.H. Bowl- Starting in January
Who? 4th-6th grade students who like math or are good at math!
When? Practices will be every Thursday after school until 3:40 p.m. starting on January 12th. Area competition- Thursday, February 23rd.
Who is the coach- The fabulous Mr. Sterling, 5th grade.
What needs to happen between now and then? Permission slips were given out to teachers. Complete the permission slip and return to the main office.
What else? All team members get a FREE team t-shirt!
From the Nurse's desk:
Illness: Students experiencing illnesses at school should notify the teacher. The student is then assessed by the nurse. If the student is too ill to remain in the classroom, the parent/guardian is called and expected to arrange for the child’s care.
Criteria for sending a student home or when to keep the student at home:
• Temperature of 100 degrees or more • Vomiting and/or diarrhea
• Inflamed eye with drainage • Severe pain
• Persistent cough • Open, draining sores
Return to school when fever free for 24 hours without medication or when vomiting/diarrhea has stopped. A student that develops reddened eyes with thick, yellow drainage may return after being seen by a physician and may return when eyes are clear after 24 hours with a note from the physician.
If your child is diagnosed with strep throat, staph infection, mono, conjunctivitis, fifth's disease, chicken pox or any other communicable condition, please report this to the school nurse as soon as possible.
Husky Gram Winners
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!