Clemens Crossing Cougar Comments
May 8, 2020 - Volume 41, Issue 34
- 13 - PTA Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
- 18 - Virtual Orientation for incoming rising 1st and 2nd grade students from Swansfield ES, 10:30 a.m.
- 18 - Virtual Orientation for rising 1st and 2nd grade students going to Bryant Woods ES, TIME TBD
- 19 - Virtual Orientation for incoming rising 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students from Swansfield ES, 10:30 a.m.
- 18 - Virtual Orientation for rising 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students going to Bryant Woods ES, TIME TBD
- 8 - Virtual Orientation for rising 6th grade students going to Wilde Lake MS, TIME TBD
From School Administration
One model we use in education is the plan, do, study, act model. We spent a considerable amount of time planning for online learning. Over the past two weeks, teachers and staff have been carrying out the plan while we study its effectiveness. One area that we are going to modify is the frequency of check-ins for students with their teachers. Starting the week of May 18, students will check in with their Homeroom and Math teacher each week. Please look for an email from your child's teacher explaining the changes.
Please be sure to take the time to complete our annual Consideration Form below. It will be open for 10 more days. We will be starting the class grouping process and your input is important.
Finally, I want to thank our community for the outpouring of love and appreciation for our amazing teachers. Please visit our Facebook page and Twitter feed to see the activity during Teacher Appreciation Week.
Ed Cosentino, Principal
Please find the Google Meet code below:
PIN: 517 533 861#
INFORMATION WORTH REPEATING
Are You Moving?
If you have moved or are moving soon, please notify us as soon as possible.
We are available to assist you with transitioning to your child's new school. Whether it be another HCPSS school, private school, or to a school out of the HCPSS district, we are here to help. If you are transferring to another HCPSS school, our registrars will partner to make the transition as smooth as possible.
If you have an address change, please fill out the attached fillable Address Change Form and email it back to us with your new deed or lease. This way we can electronically verify your school district and update your new address on file. If you have any questions, contact our registrar, Jennifer Aballo: email@example.com
Check-out the school system's most current information about Continuity of Learning.
Mrs. Rogers' Office Hours
Dear CCES Students and Families,
I hope you are doing well. I have been thinking about you and missing you! I look forward to reconnecting with you!
I will have office hours available daily from 9:30am - 11:30am and from 12:00pm - 1:00pm starting Tuesday, April 14th. I will be scheduling appointments to meet during that time.
We can meet virtually (I’d love to see you) or on the phone. Please use this link to request your appointment. Click here to schedule a time with Mrs. Rogers
I look forward to talking with you in the upcoming days and weeks. Please know that I am still here to talk with you. Stay safe and well.
Dr. Eng's Office Hours
Hello CCES Parents and Teachers,
Our school psychologist, Dr. Eng, will be holding office hours on Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:00pm - 3:30pm.
If you need to reach him, you can schedule a time to access my services by clicking on the link below.
When you click on the link, you will be taken to a google calendar with the available time slots. Please click on the time slots entitled Dr. Eng Office Hours to choose a time to meet. Please type in the following information in the description box and click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.
Free Meal Services
The Howard County Public School System will continue to provide free Grab-N-Go meals to anyone age 18 and under and/or any HCPSS student, regardless of age, throughout state-mandated school closures, extended through the end of the school year.
Participants will be given a Grab-N-Go snack, lunch and dinner for that day, as well as a Grab-N-Go breakfast for the following day. Friday distributions at school-based locations only also will include meals to sustain children through the weekend. Participants are encouraged to bring a bag to carry home meals each day.
Children do not need to be present; parents/guardian may pick up meals for their child(ren). There is no application, enrollment, or fees to participate in this program.
HCPSS Free Meal Service
- Ongoing, Weekdays
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- School-Based Locations:
- Bushy Park Elementary School, 14601 Carrs Mill Road, Glenwood
- Cradlerock Elementary School/Lake Elkhorn Middle School, 6680 Cradlerock Way, Columbia
- Deep Run Elementary School, 6925 Old Waterloo Road, Elkridge
- Ducketts Lane Elementary School, 6501 Ducketts Lane, Elkridge
- Hollifield Station Elementary School, 8701 Stonehouse Drive, Ellicott City
- Howard High School, 8700 Old Annapolis Road, Ellicott City
- Laurel Woods Elementary School, 9250 North Laurel Road, Laurel
- Oakland Mills Middle School, 9540 Kilimanjaro Road, Columbia
- Swansfield Elementary School, 5610 Cedar Lane, Columbia
- Talbott Springs Elementary School, 9550 Basket Ring Road, Columbia
- Wilde Lake Middle School, 10481 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia
- Community Locations: (Weekend meals not provided at community locations)
- Forest Ridge Apartments, 5890 Stevens Forest Rd, Columbia
- Monarch Mills Apartments, 7600 Monarch Mills Way, Columbia
- Bethel Christian Academy, Campus 1, 8455 Savage Guilford Rd., Savage
A list of additional food distribution locations, not sponsored by HCPSS, is available online. Additionally, the Community Action Council of Howard County sponsors a Food Bank and supports 14 food pantries that support families in need of emergency food assistance. More information about food assistance and a list of the food pantries remaining open during the COVID-19 crisis is available on the Community Action Council’s website.
New Chromebook Requests
If you requested a Chromebook already, those computers have been shipped and should have already arrived. Please be sure to follow the instructions from Mr. Cosentino's individualized email earlier this week.
Here are the new procedures to request a Chromebook:
- Parent logs in to HCPSS Connect (https://www.hcpss.org/connect/)
- From the left menu, the last choice, click on “Student Technology”, then choose “Student Technology” near the top center of the screen
- On the HCPSS Student Technology screen, use the drop-down arrows to indicate the Technology Requested for each student. Changes are saved immediately.
- If a device has already been issued, it will appear in the inventory list.
- The request list will be synced with the distribution team by 8:00 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and devices will be shipped shortly thereafter. If a student already has a device issued, the request will not be processed.
Device Return Procedures
Parents/guardians of new incoming students and those entering Kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year (who are not already enrolled) are able to begin the enrollment process online, followed by completion of the registration process with the registrars when schools reopen. Online registration is not required and parents may elect to complete the full registration in person at the time of reopening.
Once school buildings reopen, parents will be contacted to complete the registration at the child’s school. Parents or legal guardians must visit their child’s school and provide proof of parental relationship and any other documents not provided during the online registration process.