Kirkwood Youth Theatre
Spring 2023 Production
The Addams Family Young@Part (60-minute version)
Directed by Gregory Theron
April 20-22 at 7:00 pm
April 23 at 2:00 pm
Performances held in Robert G. Reim Theater
Cast will be limited to 60 participants.
Currently there are no specific COVID precautions in place, but everyone is welcome to mask/not mask to suit their comfort level.
Please do not attend rehearsal if you are feeling ill.
If a cast member tests positive, they may return to rehearsal after five days of quarantine if no symptoms are present. If a member of a cast member's household tests positive, please have your cast member quarantine away from them at home and the cast member may attend rehearsals if they are not showing symptoms.
About The Addams Family Young@Part
Celebrate the wackiness in every family with our best-selling Broadway musical adapted for young performers! Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family whom her parents have never met. She confides in her father and begs him not to tell her mother. Now, Gomez Addams must do something he’s never done before– keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia. Everything will change for the whole family on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday’s “normal” boyfriend and his parents.
Auditions for our spring 2023 production are VIRTUAL with in-person call-backs.
Audition by filling out an online audition form here:
As part of the audition form, you will be asked to submit:
1. a headshot of the person auditioning; this does not need to be a professional headshot by any means, but needs to look like you and be current. This will also be used for cast bios hung in the lobby during the production.
2. a video of you singing 16-32 bars of a song that showcases your voice; a cappella or with accompaniment is okay; no background vocals please.
3. a list of conflicts for rehearsal dates (no conflicts with performance dates can be worked around).
Audition form will be activated on Wednesday, Dec 21 and will be closed Wednesday, Jan 18 at Noon.
- In-person callbacks will be held Saturday, Jan 21 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at the Kirkwood Community Center.
- You will be notified via email if you are required to be at callbacks by Friday, Jan 20 at Noon.
- Not all cast members will be required to attend callbacks. In other words, you can still be cast in the show even if you are not called to callbacks.
- Cast list will be posted on www.kirkwoodyouththeatre.com on Sunday, Jan 22.
- Rehearsals will take place Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:30-6:30 pm beginning Monday, Jan 23.
- Some rehearsals take place at the Kirkwood Community Center, others take place at the Robert G. Reim Theater.
- No rehearsals will take place over Kirkwood Spring Break March 20-27.
- A complete rehearsal schedule will be available in January at www.kirkwoodyouththeatre.com.
- If you are auditioning for a lead role, please know that we can work around your schedule if needed. We will ask for any conflicts on the audition form.
- Not all cast members will be called to all rehearsals.
- Rehearsal fees are $85 for Kirkwood residents and $100 for non-residents.
- Cast members are responsible for providing their own costumes.
Accessible seating is available- please contact Laura to set this up.
Cast pizza party will take place before the final matinee performance in the theater lobby.
Parent Preview Night is Wednesday, April 19. This is our final dress rehearsal and each cast member may have up to 2 audience members in attendance (more than 2 is fine if you have more than one set of parents or siblings who could not otherwise stay home by themselves). No RSVP or tickets are required.
Volunteer Stage Crew
Kirkwood Parks and Recreation
Please feel free to reach out with any questions!