In this edition...
Remember ~ you can find previous editions of the technology newsletter at our District Staff Information Page on our website.
Congratulations to Alex Boddy, winner of the September newsletter feedback drawing! Thank you all who left feedback - I find this information very valuable!
THANK YOU to all completed one or both of the Safe Schools Cybersecurity modules! There were 147 names entered in to the random draw (some had their name entered twice as they completed both modules). Congratulations to the winners of this event ~ Alison Marshall & Jamie Brigger! I will deliver your prize!
Email Security ~ Encryption
- In the web-based version of Outlook, click the Encrypt button on the menu bar of the message.
- In the Outlook app, in the new message window click on Options in the menu bar > Encrypt > Encrypt only.
Microsoft Forms Collections (folders)! *Organize your Forms*
**NEW** Process to request a Digital Resource
Thank you for working with us on this process. I will also put the link for this Form on the Staff Information Page of our website under Technology Resources.
Tech Resources ~ Microsoft Teams
There are a variety of resources and links for our most commonly used digital resources. If you cannot find information you are looking for, please let me know. Look under the Files section of each channel as well as the Notes section (contains links). Thanks!
Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) ~ the time is now!
**The tech department at MPS will be requiring all staff have two-factor authentication setup on your Office 365 account no later than December 1, 2021.
**The process will go smoother if you take these steps to setup MFA prior to that date.
How do I set Two-factor Authentication on my Office 365 account?
- Go to: https://aka.ms/mfasetup & sign in with your school email account
- Click on Add Method under the Security section.
- At the next window, click the drop-down to choose your preferred method (Phone/Text is what I use)
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Submit a tech ticket for the guys to complete the process on your behalf.
You will now be prompted to verify via your chosen method when asked for your password to log into your Office 365 account.
Do you want to create a secure environment for a Microsoft Forms test/quiz?
Google Expeditions is now Google Arts & Culture
Expeditions on the web means this content is always available to students using any device with an internet connection. Students can no longer use VR headsets for expeditions but now they can see them on any device with a web browser.
You may also want to checkout Expeditions Pro - a free replacement for Google Tour Creator.
Reflect in Microsoft Teams
Reflect is an app that can be added to any Microsoft Teams class/course. With Reflect you make space for learners to share how they feel. Reflect supports educators in building a classroom environment that recognizes the whole student as well as supports students in identifying and navigating their emotions.
Reflect can be used to take a pulse on the emotions of individual students as well as the learning community as a whole. Consider using reflect:
- At the start of the day or after lunch
- After an assignment or an activity
- When an event impacts your school community
- When there are conflicts or challenges in the classroom
Use Reflect check-ins to build social and emotional learning into your daily routine.
If you are interested, please contact Karen to get started. You can also click here to learn more.