- Solid at room temperature
- it is a silvery- gray color
- It's malleable and ductile
- It is a good conductor of heat and electricity
- Melting point: 1,548 F (842 C)
- Boiling point: 2,703 F (1,484 C)
Atomic Weight: 40.078
Density is 1.55 g/cm cubed
- I was discovered by Sir Humphrey Davy at 1808 in England.
- I am the basic of leaves, bones, teeth, and shells.
- I am the 5th most abundant element in the earth's crust and make up more than 3% of the crust.
- Calcium does not occur as the metal itself in nature, but is found in many minerals including as limestone, gypsum and fluorite.
I form alloys with aluminum, beryllium, copper, lead, and magnesium. I am used in the manufacture of other metals such a uranium and thorium. I remove oxygen, sulfur, and carbon from alloys. When i come from limestone, i am a vital component of Portland cements. I also make your bones really strong and healthy.