Mixing Methods Illustrations
Blending, Creaming, and Biscuit Methods
1) Sift together or mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Beat all liquid ingredients together in a small bowl until they're well blended.
3) Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Batter will be lumpy.
4) Fold in such ingredients as chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.
1) Sift dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
2) Combine solid fat and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs one at a time and blend really well.
4) Add flour and liquid ingredients alternately until batter is smooth.
1) Sift all dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
2) Cut the fat into the dry ingredients-need fat in small pieces-use a pastry blender.
3) Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
4) Add liquid to dry and mix lightly. Be careful not to overmix.
5) Turn dough onto floured surface and knead lightly (5-10),
6) Roll dough out and cut with biscuit cutter.