Community Newsletter School Year 19: Issue 21
We are ExExExCited to welcome scholars back to campus on Monday! Our teachers have spent the last two days preparing lesson designs and spaces to make sure we are ALL IN for our scholars!
A few reminders:
- School starts at 8:25 AM and dismisses at 3:25. Breakfast and halls are open beginning at 7:50 AM
- Scholars will have a new Connections class, expect scholars in band.
- "Peeks of the Week" will continue by grade level teams
- We have several long term subs beginning on grade level teams. Teams will communicate if your child is affected by this new teacher.
- CLUBS will be kicking off on Friday January 11th!
- Yearbooks are on sale for $40.00 cash or check. Please drop off your money to Miss Shelby in the front office. Also, 8th grade, we need your baby pictures for our 8th grade celebration! Please bring them labeled in an envelope and drop off to Ms. KP in the ART room!
- MAP testing is complete! Teachers have been analyzing the data and the results as the build their lesson designs. If you are interested in your child's MAP data and report, please contact your child's homeroom teacher and ask for their Learning Continuum report. This report is awesome to sue if you are using Khan Academy for enrichment!
Make it an ELITE week!
- Welcome Back!
- Basketball Practices: After School
- Basketball Practices: After School
- Basketball HOME
- Basketball AWAY
- Grade Reports available
No School Monday, January 23rd
Baseball Tryouts coming soon
Saturday Spectacular- Beginning January 2019- Stay Tuned!
#ReadersAreLeaders (The 5) WIN!
WIN time Works!
How you can support WIN time at home:
We are proud to offer WIN time daily to our scholars to grow a culture of readers!
January is here and we will be sending home our Read to Them book projects! Scholars will also be participating in the One Word projects on their teams! We are excited to continue the elite literacy and social emotional work we are doing at BCMS!
Notes from Ms. Raeburn
In January we are going to kick off a new event at BCMS: Our Saturday Spectacular!
We will be offering Math Enrichment for scholars on Saturday from 9-12 as well as a Parent University from 9-10 to go dissect the Extended Writing piece on GMAS. We are looking forward to offering Saturday opportunities to grow our scholars and to support our families! Stay tuned for more details! The first session will be Saturday, January 26th and transportation WILL be available! Scholars who are interested and qualify will be contacted in January.
Grade Reports will be sent home Thursday, January 10th
The peeks of the week are listed under our "weekly updates" tab on our website. We hope you are finding this information helpful in keeping up with the day to day of your child and what they are doing at school.
Other #BeBCMS Nuggets:
I hope you have noticed the posters and visual reminders around our school. E+R=O is a simple skill. The E stands for the event (what happened), the R stands for how you responded (your action) and the O stands for the Outcome (what did you get). We are helping our scholars to think about E+R=O in every situation. Our goal is to help our scholars begin to see and understand that the better their R is, the better their O will be!
PLEASE sign up to use Powerschool. PowerSchool is our grading and information communication system. Sign up is EASY! Stop by the front office and we will get you signed up and get you a login. You can use it on your phone and from an app! Never wonder again about missing work, upcoming work, or grades! It's all at your fingertips in Powerschool!
Thank you for being proactive and for supporting our school and our passion work! I am proud to be your principal and would love to hear from you! Please know that if you have a concern or if you hear something that doesn't feel right, contact me! email@example.com or 912-626-5050 or 912.255.0630 (Cell).
ELITE Level Learning Happens HERE!
Looking for some enrichment for your child? Check out Khan Academy!
Your Administration Tribe
- Ms. Liz Raeburn• Principal• 912•255•0650
- Mr. Abram Scott• Assistant Principal
- Mr. Donny Sikes• Assistant Principal/Athletic Director