Faculty News and Updates
Working hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Grades must be updated once a week and parent contact is required when students are failing a class. Parent contact should also be made when assigning students to "ZAP".
Lesson Plans are due before the beginning of the school day every Monday. As we move forward with T-TESS, lesson plans will become a vital segment of the evaluation. I will post a couple of sample templates in Livebiners for you to use if you wish. We will discuss lesson plans during our faculty meeting on Monday, Jan. 11.
After School Tutorials
Monday - ELAR
Tuesday - History
Wednesday - Math
Thursday - Science
Please enter the names of students assigned to tutorials in the Google sheet by the beginning of the day Tuesday, January 12. We have two levels of students to target:
1) students who are on the bubble for passing
2) students who are on the bubble for "Advanced High"
We will notify parents by mail and email on Tuesday.
January 18, 2016
- 5th grade meeting during school for students who will attend LBMS for the 2016-2017 school year.
- 5:30 Parent Meeting in the LBMS cafetorium for 5th grade parents
- All parents of 5th grade students are invited to hear about Pathways, schedule choices, and the scheduling process.
- Band directors will be available for those that are interested in band.
January 19, 2016
- 5:30 Parent Meeting in the LBMS cafetorium for current 6th and 7th grade parents.
- All parents of current 6th and 7th grade students are invited to hear about the changes in Pathways, scheduling choices, and the scheduling process.
January 22, 2016
- All current 5th, 6th, and 7th grade request forms are due back to homeroom teachers.
January 25, 2016
- 8th grade students will visit the high school during school day to receive scheduling information for high school classes.
- 6:00 Parent meeting for all incoming current 8th grade students at the PAC to receive information about scheduling for high school classes and graduation requirements.
NEW to LBMS Meeting
Thursday, Jan. 14th, 12pm
Large Conference Room
Thursday, Jan. 14th, 4pm
Celebrating Baby Crosthwait & Baby RossDiaper & Bath needs
Traffic Signal Studies
The City has completed traffic studies at 102nd St & Frankford Avenue near Lubbock-Cooper West Elementary and 122nd Street & Indiana Avenue near Laura Bush Middle School. The studies show that both intersections meet the warrant criteria to consider installation of a traffic signal.
The plan is to present the two signal projects at the Citizens Traffic Commission on March 22. This action (signal consideration) will require a Public Meeting as well.