Dietitians And Nutritionists
What is a Dietitian and nutritionist?
- A dietitians and nutritionist job is to counsel their patient on food and nutrition, the dietitian might also explain nutrition issues and create special meal plans that suit the patient. However a dietitian requires more schooling. In order to be a dietitian you have to posses special skills like good decision making and judgement capabilities, good reading comprehension skills,effective writing skills and active listening skills. Nutritionists and Dietitians create food plans and nutrition programs, and they oversee meal preparation as well as the serving of meals. They treat illnesses by promoting healthy eating habits and suggest ways to modify a diet for a healthy lifestyle.
Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling. He also Advises patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
How to become :
- Take the specific set of courses outlined by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- This can be completed at the undergraduate OR graduate level.
- Complete the required internships, also outlined by AND
- Take the RD exam (and pass it!).
- Get accepted to the school of your choice and rejoice
How much do Dietitians and Nutritionists make?
Dietitians and nutritionist make approximately $56,300 a year since 2012.
whats a Dietitians and Nutritionist job outlook?
The job outlook for the future is 21% (faster than average) from 2012 to 2022.
Dietitians and nutritionist work environment is in hospitals, nursing homes, cafeteria and clinics.