Learn how to dress properly for a job interview!
Show Them Your Whole Package You Have To Offer
Facial Hair- Appropriate for the work place.
Teeth- Keep it CLEAN! Brush them.
Fragrance- Not over powering, but strong and masculine/feminine.
Shirts/Ties/Coats- Make sure shirts are ironed and clean that match the entire outfit. Ties shall match shirt and not too crazy, but inviting. Coats are needed if necessary for the workplace and profession. Dress shirts are required.
Below The Belt- Pants shall be ironed and pressed that match entirety of the outfit. A belt must always be worn because it keeps you looking sharp! Shoes and socks must be black and NO ankle socks, it looks unprofessional.
Sunglasses, poorly groomed, no tie, baggy jacket, not skilled in field, no job!
Rick is dressed appropriately. He has a ironed dress shirt on with a matching tie. Richard is groomed. He has nice hair. He also has a smile on and shows skills that are needed for the position. Hired!
Bright colors, lots of jewelry, bright nail, cleavage, shown skin, qualified for position but still no job!
Do you know what you are doing?
· Be clean and neat, including your fingernails, teeth, shoes, hair and face
· Conservative two-piece business suit in a basic color
· Empty pockets-no bulges or tinkling coins/keys, etc.
· No gum, candy or cigarettes
· Light briefcase or portfolio case
· No visible body piercing (noise, eyebrow, tongue, etc.) -wear minimum jewelry and cologne
· Arrive ten minutes early and arrive alone
· Smile; be friendly
· Demonstrate a positive attitude
· Use good eye contact
· Shake hands firmly
· Use good manners
· Don't interrupt and don't argue
· Don't chew gum