PH & SB News!
South Bay District News for the week of March 27th
Spring Break is coming soon, April 10-14th
Parent Conferences 3/27, 3/28
Please note that dismissal is at 12:50 Monday and Tuesday. Regular dismissal resumes on Wednesday. We look forward to discussing your child's progress with you!
Spring Book Fair at South Bay ends this Tuesday!
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings to school the books kids want to read. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. We always offer books on sale, too!
Book Fair Dates: Tuesday, March 21 through Tuesday, March 28 (during Parent Conference days.)
Shopping Hours: Open during recesses and also AFTER school until 3:00 p.m.
Online Shopping from March 20-April 2: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/southbayschool1
Stop the Summer Slide! This is the loss of reading skills when students are not in school during the summer:
- An overwhelming nine in ten kids say they are more likely to finish a book they picked out themselves.
- Regardless of ethnicity, socioeconomic level, or previous achievement, children who read four or more books over the summer fare better on reading comprehension tests in the fall than their peers who read one or no books over the summer.
- Teachers typically spend between four to six weeks reteaching material that students have forgotten over the summer.
- It’s estimated that the summer slide accounts for as much as 85% of the reading achievement gap between lower-income students and their middle- and upper-income peers.
We look forward to having you participate in our Fair, and remember, this Spring Book Fair is an easy way to stock up for summer reading fun! Thank you, Allison Bronkall, Library Aide, South Bay Schools
South Bay APP!
Family Resource Center
Stop by or call us at 707-445-5933. We're open Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 in the Pine Hill FRC (Back of Campus) and South Bay FRC (Room 17).
- SBUESD Parent Support Group on Tuesdays @ SB and Fridays @ PH from 8:30-9:30
- Playgroup Tuesdays @ PH from 9:30-11:30, for kids 0-5 and their caregivers
- Food Pantry and Clothing Closet @ PH
- Diapers Available in sizes 1-5
Pine Hill is enrolling for the 23-24 school year. Any child turning 5 between September 2, 2023 and June 15, 2024 may be enrolled in TK! Students with birthdays later than June 15 may also be considered for enrollment. If you have a child who will be TK or Kindergarten eligible, please contact the Pine Hill office to start the enrollment process.
CLICK HERE for more information and to see the necessary forms, including immunization requirements. Please contact us ASAP to enroll your child. To view our commercial CLICK HERE! We'd appreciate it if you would share this information with friends.
Menus are covered in two-week sections, due to supply chain issues. The kitchen wants to ensure that we can provide the meals on our menu, so planning for shorter periods is necessary. Neither South Bay nor Pine Hill provides microwaves for students to use in the cafeteria, so please pack ready-to-eat meals.
**Remember school breakfast & lunch is free for ALL students, regardless of home income. **