January 21, 2019
SkillsUSA Week sponsored by Channellock is Coming Soon!
Here’s How to Celebrate Effectively
You can participate in SkillsUSA Week (Feb. 3-9) many different ways: hold an open house, invite local media to tour your programs, conduct a community service project, work with area businesses to build more meaningful partnerships, or engage with policymakers to talk about the value of technical education. For a complete calendar of events, and resources including a sample proclamation, go to: www.skillsusa.org/events-training/skillsusa-week
We encourage you to plan activities to follow the daily schedule of events that will be celebrated in chapters nationwide:
- Monday, Feb. 4, is Appreciation Day. Plan an event to celebrate and honor the support of advisors, teachers and administrators.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, is Advocacy Day. Plan local or state public relations activities including presentations to legislators, school board members, administrators and community group leaders.
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, is Member Outreach Day. Involve members in the recruitment of middle and elementary school students into your CTE programs, or plan appreciation activities that honor current members.
- Thursday, Feb. 7, is SkillsUSA Serves Day. Rally around your community by focusing on a day of giving through service projects or fundraisers.
- Friday, Feb. 8, is SkillsUSA Day. Celebrate SkillsUSA by wearing your favorite SkillsUSA shirt, planning a celebration and posting the event to social media.
The SkillsUSA Store has created a SkillsUSA Week T-shirt for $18. Visit www.skillsusastore.org to order your shirt and other SkillsUSA products to support your week of celebration.
Special thank you to Channellock as the lead sponsor of SkillsUSA Week and to Toyota for their additional support of this program.
Get Ready, SkillsUSA! New Year, New Blazers Coming Your Way!
The new year is just around the corner, and for SkillsUSA Store staff, it means “out with the old and in with the new” for 2019.
The SkillsUSA Store is excitedly preparing to launch the highly anticipated and newly redesigned SkillsUSA blazers. The store elves are busy making room, opening boxes, stocking shelves and updating the website for a new year launch of the new blazers at: www.skillsusastore.org
With a new lower price point of $99, bulk-buy discounts as low as $79 and upgraded features, you can update your closet and outfit your students less expensively for competitions throughout the new year.
The entire SkillsUSA Store team wishes you and yours a healthy and happy holiday season. Make the SkillsUSA Store your first stop in the new year!
Nominations Open for Honorary Life Membership, Outstanding Career and Technical Educator
If you would like to nominate someone for SkillsUSA’s national Honorary Life Membership or Outstanding Career and Technical Educator, please submit your nomination by going to the following assigned links and completing the online application. The deadline for both applications is Feb. 15.
- Honorary Life Membership: skillsusa.org/membership-resources/awards/honorary-life/
- Outstanding Career and Technical Educator: skillsusa.org/membership-resources/awards/outstanding-educator-nomination/
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Rauch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-737-0619.
Help is Only a Call, Email or Chat Away!
Hotline operators are ready to answer your questions on how to start a new chapter, engage chapter members and strengthen an existing chapter. Operators are on call from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. (Eastern time) Monday, Wednesday and Friday and from 11 a.m.–7 p.m. (Eastern) Tuesday and Thursday. Call the hotline toll free: 844-875-4557.
Don’t have time to call? Send the operators an email at email@example.com or chat with them online at the membership registration site. site.