Eagle Pride Newsletter
Soaring to Success
- Almost all of our virtual teachers are releasing material weekly.
- With the weekly release of work, students will be able to manage a better pacing guide and know whether or not they are staying on track or getting really behind.
- Students should be at 100% progress by the end of the week now, rather than by the end of the course.
- No changing of classroom face to face time as students are following their skyward schedule.
- Most teachers are NOT sending out meeting invites because the classroom times don't change.
- Make sure to be on webex at the correct time if your teacher states there is a meeting.
- If you are a virtual plus student, it's your job to make sure that you communicate with your core teacher about content that was missed.
Attendance will be taken as the student's A/B Skyward schedule indicates. The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has put in place the following guidelines in order for student attendance to be accepted daily:
Daily progress in the Learning Management System [Edgenuity or Canvas]; or
Daily progress via teacher-student interactions about their learning; or
Completion/Turn-in of assignments from student to teacher (potentially via email, online, or mail)
The TEA guidelines apply to each class period for which attendance is taken. Therefore, a student can be engaged in one subject but absent in another. A student must engage by one of the above three methods for each of their classes that their A/B schedule indicates. Secondly, due to the fact that the TEA allows for engagement from midnight to midnight, there will be at least a one day delay in accurate attendance reporting.
It is critical that a student engage in the appropriate content daily. There will be instances where a teacher uses face to face time through Webex to engage with students. To be considered present, the student must remain engaged during the large majority of the Face to Face Webex time. TEA has indicated that a simple sign in and sign out may not be used to count a student as present. Interaction with the teacher is a key component to the success of the virtual learning experience. Therefore, please encourage your student to remain engaged with their teacher during this valuable time.
iPad & L- Hub
Google Drive and Gmail
SKYWARD: USERNAME & PASSWORDS
TECHNOLOGY DEVICE REPAIRS
To expedite repairs and ensure students have the resources they need, the district established the following repair process:
- Step 1: Contact the Help Desk at 972-350-1833
- Step 2: If the issue cannot be resolved over the phone, the Help Desk Agent will schedule an appointment at a Repair Center location to have the device swapped out. Due to COVID-19, technicians will not be able to work directly on your device for a period of time.
- If you do not have an appointment scheduled on arrival you will be asked to return home to make one and return at that scheduled time.
- If you have a device that needs repair or is not working, all personal data will need to be backed up before arrival. Follow these instructions on how to back-up your iPad.