DAMS 2016 Talent Show
Coordinated by Mrs. Hill
Want to be in the Talent Show?
Auditions will be held after school on Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 until 5pm.
In order to be scheduled an audition:
- You must sign up HERE ( You must be logged in to your School Google Account)
- You must provide the music to Mrs. Hill in the Communications lab
- You must turn in the permission slip & transportation form (paper copies can be picked up in the Main office, Guidance Office and in Mrs. Hill's room. C130.
IF YOU DO NOT:
1. SIGN UP ONLINE
2. TURN IN YOUR PERMISSION SLIP / Transportation Form
3. TURN IN YOUR MUSIC
by the end of the school day on Wednesday, May 4th, 2015.
YOU WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED AN AUDITION!!
ALL SONG LYRICS MUST BE SCHOOL APPROPRIATE!
If you aren't sure about a song, please see Mrs. Hill for approval.
EMCEE AUDITIONS -- 8th Graders Only
YOU MUST SIGN UP and SUBMIT EVERYTHING ON TIME TO AUDITION.
Mrs. Hill will give you a list of 3 acts no later than ELO on Friday, May 6th, 2016 to introduce for Auditions on May 11th. You will write your own material and be prepared to introduce the acts as a part of your audition.
EMCEE's will be scored on the auditions scoring rubric by the judges just like all the other acts. The EMCEE group with the highest scores will be selected.
How are the final acts selected?
How do I get my music to Mrs. Hill?
Students can provide Mrs. Hill with their music in several ways:
- A music CD
- A jump drive with the MP3 or MP4
- Sharing the audio file using Google Drive.
NO CASSETTE TAPES
NO YOU TUBE VIDEOS
If you aren't sure how to go about this, you need to see Mrs. Hill right away for assistance. DO NOT wait until the last day and not have music as you will NOT get an audition.
It is better to get your music to Mrs. Hill early so that you can be sure it will be in the right format and work for auditions.
Tips & Tricks
- Try to pick something to entertain your peers.
- Please try to pick something upbeat.
- If you are singing along with music find the Karaoke track for the song. DO NOT try to sing over the original artist.
- If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Hill right away. Do not wait until the last day of sign ups.
- Complete your sign up form and turn in your music early.
- DO NOT sign up for more than one act/audition.
- DO NOT pick a song with inappropriate lyrics.
When is the Talent Show?
If you are selected for the show you will also have practice on after school until 5pm on Wednesday, May 25th,
Thursday, May 26th
and Tuesday, May 31st, 2016.
You must attend practice in order to perform in the show.