By: Aubrey Dyckman
- Birth Date: January 8, 1939
- Birth Place: Caracas, Venezuela
- Education: Recieved Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts from the Fashion Institute of Technology in 2012
- Marital Status: Married two Ronaldo Herrera
- Retirement/Death : Carolina continues to design clothing and accessories with the help of her daughter Carolina Herrera de Báez
- A mix of black and white
- A mix of black and brown
When she became famous..
Mixes Italian and French fabrics
Focuses less on the type of fabric, and more on the clothing cut
When she became famous...
Spain's Gold Medal for Merit in the Fine Arts-2002
Womenswear Designer of the Year- 2004Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award- 2008
Award for Artistry of Fashion-2014
Accessories are less expenisve
Perfume- under $100
Scarves, belts, sunglasses- under $500 (around $300 to $350)
Purses- $200- around $700
Fashion Category- Clothing
sells not only in her personal boutiques, but high end stores such as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. Her clothing is also expensive but not as expensive as designer/couture.
Fashion Category- Accessories
Her accessories are sold at department stores such as Macy's and are not extremely expensive.
Three Things to Remeber
- Carolina Herrera is from Venezuela
- She designs mainly women's formal attire using the colors red, black, and white
- She runs the company with her daughter Carolina Herrera de Báez due to her older age